Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Kobold

A general rule of thumb is that when a whip starts making wet sounds you need to switch it around to bindings or doing that shit where you vacuum-seal your partner in plastic. Pretty much anything else until they heal up. Play safe.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A general rule of thumb is that when a whip starts making wet sounds you need to switch it around to bindings or doing that shit where you vacuum-seal your partner in plastic. Pretty much anything else until they heal up. Play safe.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-28-2017, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha you win thread
Old 09-29-2017, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did they change the sound of whips? Used to be, I heard a much more harsh whipping sound. Now, it's more of a slushing, swishing sound. Anyone else notice a difference?

I started noticing this a few weeks ago...
If you installed Xevin's "Make EQ Sound Significantly Better" package (which may be the case for some of the Titanium clients available on the bay), some sounds were mistakenly rendered in stereo instead of mono, so the client isn't able to play them back. The whip-cracking sound was one of them. I went ahead and fixed this issue and many other sounds that were lost due to the stereo vs. mono rendering:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you installed the original patch, you may have lost the following sounds:
  • Bow being drawn and let loose
  • One-hand blunt swing woosh
  • Two-hand blunt swing woosh
  • Round kick woosh
  • Impaling woosh
  • Parrying with a blade
  • Whip cracking
  • Button being pressed
  • Inventory boxes opening and closing
  • Running footsteps
  • Walking footsteps
  • Climbing ladders
  • Rain and thunder
  • Jumping into water
  • Jumping out of water
  • Submerged underwater (loop)

About half of these weren't playing for me - not sure why some worked and some didn't, but in any case these were all rendered in stereo so I converted them to mono and repacked them into the .pfs file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanDemain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it fix the god-awful bag open/close noises?
I also toned down the insanely bassy, overamplified bag open/close sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Serpent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shame the underwater sound doesn't loop but i have a suggestion for it

why don't you extend it? would love it if someone did that
I figured this out too - for some reason the client was reading the file for jumping into water as the underwater loop, so I just switched the file names around. No more constant splash sound while underwater, and now the underwater sound loops properly.
Download links & info: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=30
Old 09-29-2017, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you installed Xevin's "Make EQ Sound Significantly Better" package (which may be the case for some of the Titanium clients available on the bay), some sounds were mistakenly rendered in stereo instead of mono, so the client isn't able to play them back. The whip-cracking sound was one of them. I went ahead and fixed this issue and many other sounds that were lost due to the stereo vs. mono rendering:

Ahhh!!! I wasn't going crazy! Yes, I HATE the overly loud bag opening sound too!

Another thing is the BOOOOOMMMM sound in Lavastorm, maybe it's supposed to be that way but it's 10 times louder than any other environmental sound I hear.

Thanks Paul, I knew someone would have an answer I just knew it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2017, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Thanks a lot Paul.
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 09-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Sort of unrelated but you seem like the person to ask. My client that I "borrowed" cut out like 90% of the music in the game. Freeport/other cities have no music for example. I also don't have the bag open/close sounds but I don't mind that, is there a simple way to reinstall just the music?
Old 09-29-2017, 05:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, that might have been me...

I performed a special ritual (of sorts) which required a 'Gnoll Hide Lariat', a vial of 'Datura Ink', and 'Tail of Iksar'...among other things; most which I cannot speak of...

Sorry if I caused any inconvenience... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
qUaLiTy CoNtEnT
Well, it does kind of explain how I got onto the list of "Qeynos' Most Wanted..." Well, there was that one time I got caught peddling so-called "drugs" about the icy alleyways around Halas.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it does kind of explain how I got onto the list of "Qeynos' Most Wanted..." Well, there was that one time I got caught peddling so-called "drugs" about the icy alleyways around Halas.
Keep going. I'm into your role playing
Old 09-29-2017, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is there a simple way to reinstall just the music?
Enable Music and CombatMusic in eqclient.ini. If still no muzak, download a new Titanium and replace *.mp3 and *.xmi in your EQ directory.
Closed Thread