Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you agree to roll on scout?
Agree 153 65.95%
Disagree 79 34.05%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that we've gone a month without a clickfest means the system is already working. The system which already includes people that don't come to this forum. This thread is just seeking to legitimize the rules that we've already been using.
This thread has done just the opposite in my estimation. It's pretty clear that a large segment of the population does not agree with this rule set. This is not something that should be unilaterally enforced because not all parties are consenting. The second this had 1 vote of no the agreement was invalid. however its not 1 vote is 30% of the votes
Last edited by NecroP99; 10-06-2017 at 03:01 PM..
Old 10-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As can be seen here and in other thread, the only rule people have "already been using" is rolling to turn in. Apparently everyone had different idea what to do with disk. Hence. Discussion.
Yeah that appears to be the case. This bums me out because as I think I mentioned in the previous thread, 2 of my guildies came in first and 2nd just yesterday and the first place guy lost his tools, so the 2nd guy ended up winning. He was willing to give the disk to the guy that had actually won but we decided against it because we didn't want to mess with that I thought were well established need rules based on the previous month's worth of rolling.

So if the server is this split on whether or not the roll is for need or greed I'm going to try and organize as many of my guildies showing up to these until we can collectively win one for the guy who "won" yesterday.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Why is it necessary to control who gets the disk? Give me one good reason. And, no, people who "need it" isn't a good enough one. This is coming from a person who has none of the five disks I "need" for my characters.

Allowing, and I use that word lightly you fucking control freak spaz OP, winners to sell would be a necessary concession to keep FTE clickers off the spawn I imagine. Whoever wins decides what they want to do with it. They played by the same rules and you can't just automatically say this valuable thing isn't for sale now because I made a poll.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

And that is perfectly fair. You can round up as many people as you want. Because its 100% fair and unbiased. Literally 0 salt.

I personally dont ask every person I know to roll for me, but it should be completely allowed.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

I'll get the torches.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Banned

forming a crew to roll for scout lootrights. all levels welcome.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

New guild: <Dial a Roll>
Old 10-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it necessary to control who gets the disk? Give me one good reason. And, no, people who "need it" isn't a good enough one. This is coming from a person who has none of the five disks I "need" for my characters.

Allowing, and I use that word lightly you fucking control freak spaz OP, winners to sell would be a necessary concession to keep FTE clickers off the spawn I imagine. Whoever wins decides what they want to do with it. They played by the same rules and you can't just automatically say this valuable thing isn't for sale now because I made a poll.
I don't like the way OP framed this thread as being for the roll or against the roll but really it's about for need or for greed. But as someone on the side of making the roll need over greed, the reason why I'm for it is because I think opening it up to greed opens it up to abuse. What I proposed above, inviting 20 guildies to all roll for 1 person's benefit is abused in my mind. The biggest thing tho is that with this agreement, the people that are there all have a play nice agreement that we ALL help the winner kill the giant. We do this based on the assumption that the winner is going to use the item. So if the winner then turns around and sells the item it presents a situation where they basically "used" us to make a bunch of profit. Winning the roll isn't just a bypass of the clickfest, it's the assurance that the collective will help you with the pull and kill. If people want to turn around and greed this or give it to their low level alt I consider that super rude to "use" the people that just lost yet another roll to help them achieve that. It does add an extra layer of salt to what is weeks/months of showing up to these just to keep losing.

That's my opinion anyways. When I started showing up to these the person who was announcing the rules laid out what I thought were acceptable terms. 50+ need rolls, your own hand in, your own loot and based on that everyone would help with the kill. If people want to greed this I say the collective stops helping winners with the kill completely then and THAT ruins the sense of community.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

That's the beauty of letting the winner decide the fate of the quest piece. It accommodates NBG and greed players equally. Which, together, accounts for 99.95% of the player base. And would also benefit players who actively destroy quest rewards like Skarry and myself.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest thing tho is that with this agreement, the people that are there all have a play nice agreement that we ALL help the winner kill the giant. We do this based on the assumption that the winner is going to use the item.
Incorrect. People help the winner because when they win, they also expect people to help them, and then next time they roll for disk (to sell, for guildie, etc), they would also help next winner kill. Its a pay it forward system.
While play nice policy is great, I didnt realize EVERY person on the server goes out of their way to get people BiS gear for no benefit for themselves. Where do I sign up for a free kill force whenever theres gear I need?
---
Its not about need vs greed though. Its about being completely open and fair roll vs "I decide who gets to do what with loot".

What about the open dragon raids (which are really great in my opinion). Are you against a whole levelling guild showing up and having 30 people roll on say, white scales? What if they even said they only wanted it to sell and fund their guild adventures?

You cant just start saying who gets what loot. Everyone rolls, anyone can get the loot. Fair is Fair is Fair.
Last edited by Legidias; 10-06-2017 at 03:19 PM..
Closed Thread