Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 07:46 PM
Banned

I'd like to see that YouTube series
Old 12-30-2017, 08:12 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wanted to agree with OP but then I watched the video. He had every opportunity to run. EQ instills in you a strong survival instinct, at least it should. You do NOT want to die. He stood around slowly typing out “wtf why” when he should have been hauling ass for the ZL. Doesn’t make it right that he was trained, but he was given an opportunity to escape and it looks like he just wanted to play the part of the victim instead.

That being said I think the other parties involved acted like shitheads as well, especially the dude who wasn’t even involved.
Agreed, trains are a fact of life in this game. OP should've gated or ran to ZL. The person who trained him should say "hey sorry about that" and leave it at that. Maybe offer a rez/buffs to the victims. Seems like this incident brought out the worst for everyone involved.

The other day I got trained and had a good laugh about it. I went AFK on my necro at the CS portal. It's generally safe because I have good CoV faction and I've never seen anyone train the portal instead of zoning into SG or SS. Training the portal doesn't make any sense.

...so I come back from my AFK running charmed down the beach at 30% health with my rune down and my pet gone. Scrolled up and saw an anon druid (is there any other kind?) trained a siren to the portal, tried to fight it, gated, my pet fought bravely, died, and the siren nuked me like 4 times before charming me and taking me on a tour of cobalt scar, thankfully with DMF still up. As soon as the charm wore off I FD'd and it was all good. Good thing the otters like me! And I'll make sure to flop before I go AFK there in the future.

Trains happen.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because I call you a retard multiple times, and tell you not to breed, does not mean I'm melting down.

It means that I've tried being nice and reasoning with you, but it's become apparent that you have mental handicaps and this may be the only way that you understand that you're wrong, stupid, and nobody wants to hear you talk anymore. You're not even amusing. You're the male equivalent of Kathy Griffin.

Please just shut up.
You still sound angry. I just hope you and your pals don't ruin my reputation in the game.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOutdoorNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed, trains are a fact of life in this game. OP should've gated or ran to ZL. The person who trained him should say "hey sorry about that" and leave it at that. Maybe offer a rez/buffs to the victims. Seems like this incident brought out the worst for everyone involved.

The other day I got trained and had a good laugh about it. I went AFK on my necro at the CS portal. It's generally safe because I have good CoV faction and I've never seen anyone train the portal instead of zoning into SG or SS. Training the portal doesn't make any sense.

...so I come back from my AFK running charmed down the beach at 30% health with my rune down and my pet gone. Scrolled up and saw an anon druid (is there any other kind?) trained a siren to the portal, tried to fight it, gated, my pet fought bravely, died, and the siren nuked me like 4 times before charming me and taking me on a tour of cobalt scar, thankfully with DMF still up. As soon as the charm wore off I FD'd and it was all good. Good thing the otters like me! And I'll make sure to flop before I go AFK there in the future.

Trains happen.
sirens are the worst motherfuckers in the game. pull 1 and it's like potg? gone. clarity and mask? GONE. and just for good measure - your other buffs? ALSO GONE BITCH

then they parade you around the zone as their cuck prize

i hate them
Old 12-30-2017, 10:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You still sound angry. I just hope you and your pals don't ruin my reputation in the game.
What reputation? you don't even play this game.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Oh god. I finally got around to reading the first page and hahaha. As the Queen of Norrath, I declare the OP a bundle of sticks and hereby sanction any subsequent trains my loyal followers bestow upon him.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meltdown continues
Old 12-31-2017, 12:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meltdown continues
no dont you were doing so well
Old 12-31-2017, 12:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sirens are the worst motherfuckers in the game. pull 1 and it's like potg? gone. clarity and mask? GONE. and just for good measure - your other buffs? ALSO GONE BITCH

then they parade you around the zone as their cuck prize

i hate them
Yeah all enchanter mobs. I took my shaman through ToFS a while back to get the keys and one of the green chanter mobs (ghostly scholar?) in the library charmed my pet. All the sudden buffed dogdog goes rogue and starts biting me. I had to root him and nuke him down, but at least I got XP for killing my own pet lol.

Luckily the siren in CS didn't charm my pet or fluffy would've wasted me. I was honestly surprised that I survived 5 minutes of combat AFK. Surviving an AFK train was an EQ first for me.

Hasn't happened on P99 yet, but on live a few times people tried to train my necro to take my camp. Like, what Einstein intentionally trains an FD class? Anything unintentional though I just chalk up to Norrath being a dangerous place. Shit happens, right?

Some people are too embarrassed to apologize, but as I trainer I think the right thing to do is apologize, let the other person vent if you were particularly stupid, and do what you can to help mitigate the disaster you caused. The important part of that being letting the other person vent if they need to, even if someone is really pissed saying you'll never work in this town again. And then even if they post a rant you say "yeah, sorry about that, not my best moment, shit happens."
Old 12-31-2017, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Primo dunk

Thread still delivering
Closed Thread