Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Default Error at level of logging into server

Hi I have been playing on a MAC for several years with no problems. Trying to consolidate my computer use so I got ISO files, went through installation, used Titanium Launcher, etc. and installing it on my Surface Pro.

Everything goes well. I can log onto server, however when I pick blue and click to get into it I get a popup everytime and have to close. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled one time and it still happens.

"The instruction at 0x0000000005C145B4 referenced memory at 0x000000000687F0DC. The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program."

I am not very computer literate....has anyone had this problem or know what I can do about it?
Old 01-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Disregard I am a dummy for not reading the common problems thread! I will repost if this does not work.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

OK now I have a legitimate question. There is no eqclient.ini file!!
Old 01-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

OK,

I am assuming you installed EQ into c:\program files (x86)\

One of the changes Microsoft bought in with Windows Vista was UAC (User Account Control) and they also introduced File and Registry virtualisation. The aim was to stop all programs running as admin and compromising a users system.

Because EQ is not aware of these changes and won't be able to write to those folders, the OS effectively fools the applications into thinking it is writing to an eqclient.ini file in c:\program files (x86)\sony\everquest\eqclient.ini.

However, you know this isn't the case.

If you look in
"c:\users\username\appdata\local\virtualstore\prog ram files\sony\everquest" or "c:\users\username\appdata\local\virtualstore\prog ram files (x86)\sony\everquest"

you will see the redirect files like your log files, screenshots folder and the eqclient.ini file

NB: You may need to type the address into the address bar of File Explorer due to folders being hidden, also, replace 'username' with your windows username

The best tip would be to install EQ to a folder outside of program files and then ensure you 'run as admin'.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Senn; 01-09-2018 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: formatting and words