Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:21 AM
Aviak

Default Charmed animal slots

What gear slots do animals have available and use?

After some research, it seems clear that they don't use weapons. What I can't seem to find any info on is the slots they do use? Is the the same as any other mob? I can give an animal a breastplate, a bracer, and an earring and get the stat benefits?
Old 02-03-2018, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

I have read that "Animal bodies only have a face slot."

---
edit: I tried to ask the community some questions so I could get this information clearly added to the wiki but no one answered...
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=282693
also tisk tisk on skarlorns trolling
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 02-03-2018 at 08:30 AM..
Old 02-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Cannot confirm 100% but I was always led to believe animals couldn't use gear minus haste mask ... could probably duel someone with pet log dps heal it give hp rings and rinse and repeat. .. member back in day here putting sun whips on my sham pets was so baller. .
Old 02-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
member back in day here putting sun whips on my sham pets was so baller. .
Good times! One time my shaman was in a group in plane of innovation on Live, and I had given my dog 2 of those stun whips, which he could dual wield. The dog was a beast with chanter haste, and someone in the group says "wow our Pally is kicking ass" and someone else says "uhhh, we don't have a Pally." At which point I said "no, that's dogdog!" and the group was really confused, because my cleric friend was tanking and everyone thought she was a Paladin. Dogdog is a good boi.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Kobold

Cleric tanking huh? Live sounds cool.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:43 AM
Orc

Non-standard groups are fun! Like all pet groups. Haven't seen much of that on P99. It's all about cleric/chanter/tank/dps x3 here.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Kobold

If they had like real modern tanks in this game that would completely break the game so it is good they don't go there but that would be like a mount and mounts were not added until later but if you want to give your pet gear you can just hand them gear if you want because I often times will just give my wolf pet anything that drops and let him have it so anything like bronze armor or leather armor or words and pages that drop and also goblin meat and gnome parts are big hits for my pet because I imagine that if he eats not just the meat of other animals that are killed but also of other playable races that it would imbue my pet with all kinds of mystical stuff that you could attribute to those races and it would be nice if that would go into alchemy more like that and alchemy could get a lot darker like you could make even better shrink potions by using gnome meat to make the potion and that would turn you like into ant man or something or if you used ogre meat to make strength potions but obviously that wouldn't be "classic" so I know that isn't how it is going to go but I think it would provide an interesting new aspect to tradeskills and then maybe more people would be interested in doing them but as for my pet I think that all that armor helps although I don't get how the sizing works like I just killed a big barbarian and he had a shirt and then I give it to my little wolf like he's going to be swimming in that thing so in that regards I'm not sure it would be helpful so when it comes to gearing out your animal pet you might want to stick to things that are the same size so when you get that good armor the pet can actually wear it and also I don't think that it matters that you are going to armor and things worn by a humanoid character to an animal character like it seems it would because how can a wolf wear a ring that goes on a finger but someone it works out like maybe the can get put on the tail or something because with animals in the game you can't really try to wrap your head around equating real life animal mechanics with in game animal mechanics like how many people have seen a snake kick as it would seem you would need to have a leg and foot to kick at something but they can pull it off but even a wolf really doesn't kick so much with a leg and a foot so have fun gearing out your favorite animal. There has never been a time that we couldn't go to
Old 02-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

I thought I read somewhere that they had like 3-4 item slots, can't find it again tho and can't remember what slots it were.

They definitely equip the face slot.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Banned

i remember being able to give Iceberg mage swords

they'd proc quite often farming Ice Giants
Closed Thread