Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 12:05 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Menobank Send a message via Yahoo to Menobank

watching all your videos now its pretty cool im planing to start leveling my 14 enchanter up more so this is some really good watching someone do it since i havent played an enchanter in 10 years. So far these are very fun enjoying them for sure. thanks for all the infomation while you made the videos. My GF plays an SK (She's very new) and wants to play an enchanter now b/c watching your videos
Old 04-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

I have said this (maybe even in this thread) before, but GD I have a good time watching your videos. I have played this game a number of ways and a number of times, none of which included the enchanter before watching this series.

Your vids even guided me on my first excursion into HS with a flawless break in at 52. Unfortunately, that led to an easy lvl 53 and an overconfident attempt to break into North against 4 skellies right as the zone in was re-popping. I think every enchanter already knows the ending to this story - first lull was a crit resist and 4 HTs later I was attempting a re-break in completely naked.

Another 6 deaths later I got dragged and rezzed by a cleric and learned the fabulous lessons 2 & 3 of HS. Fight around north side as you learn the zone bc you can be dragged to basement safe spot -- always know the timer of the zone in mobs when you are trying something risky :P

Thanks for all the content!

P.S. I hate the past tense form of "drag" and I never have to use it anywhere but EQ
Old 04-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have said this (maybe even in this thread) before, but GD I have a good time watching your videos. I have played this game a number of ways and a number of times, none of which included the enchanter before watching this series.

Your vids even guided me on my first excursion into HS with a flawless break in at 52. Unfortunately, that led to an easy lvl 53 and an overconfident attempt to break into North against 4 skellies right as the zone in was re-popping. I think every enchanter already knows the ending to this story - first lull was a crit resist and 4 HTs later I was attempting a re-break in completely naked.

Another 6 deaths later I got dragged and rezzed by a cleric and learned the fabulous lessons 2 & 3 of HS. Fight around north side as you learn the zone bc you can be dragged to basement safe spot -- always know the timer of the zone in mobs when you are trying something risky :P

Thanks for all the content!

P.S. I hate the past tense form of "drag" and I never have to use it anywhere but EQ
Haha, glad you like them. And yeah, I've eaten my share of simultaneous HTs over the years! A tip on that note is to have a pet when you're lulling, because you can often use your pet to pick up 1-2 of the mobs coming at you before they get to you, so he soaks some HTs instead of you and you have fewer beating on you to try to get off a stun+ae mez. Not easy to salvage, but it gives you a chance at least. And fortunately even when we die, we are pretty good at CRing ourselves! Color slant also has a pretty big AOE and is something that you can time so that it fires off before stuff gets within melee range of you but when they're close enough to get hit by the stun... but it's a really twitchy thing to pull off; I usually don't. I know I say it a lot, but I love leaving old charisma gear (and dots, food, water) in the bank after I upgrade a slot, so that when I need to CR myself (especially if like, I died to a named and I'm trying to get back in to kill it asap) I can give it a real go.

I've got Tec, err, Noman, heh. I've got Noman camped out in crypt right now. I was hoping I'd find it open eventually since I've been logging in and out regularly to check... but it's been a couple days now and it's always been camped. Might have to explore around seb a bit more outside of crypt/emperor area then move over to chardok and elsewhere.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 04-02-2018 at 04:00 PM..
Old 04-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Banned

mfw I see Tecmos has posted in this thread, but then see there is no link for a new video in said post:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Lol. I'll give it one more day to see if I can ever find crypt empty. Then I'll go somewhere I can more easily make a video [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. I'll give it one more day to see if I can ever find crypt empty. Then I'll go somewhere I can more easily make a video [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
broodmother!

that area of EQ is not well known to many players and its like the hotel in the shining, its so creepy and wierd and the physics of the unvierse are all turned topsy turby up there!
Old 04-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might have to explore around seb a bit more outside of crypt/emperor area then move over to chardok and elsewhere.
Chardok is a lot of fun solo. I never really had a reason to go there without a group until a few days ago I camped Iksar Betrayer for a pipe then crawled around some and it was the most fun I've had since I started playing p99 again a few weeks ago.

I haven't had a chance to watch the full 90 minute video I had to skip around some so maybe I missed it, but what was the verdict on top slot swap? Getting used to it or going back to top slot CC?
Old 04-02-2018, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Still trying it!

Chardok used to be a fun spot for a solo chanter or druid, because the old aoe groups regularly respawned most of the zone and the shield and stave drops were quite valuable still. Was fun to zip down and look for them to snipe.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Still trying it!

Chardok used to be a fun spot for a solo chanter or druid, because the old aoe groups regularly respawned most of the zone and the shield and stave drops were quite valuable still. Was fun to zip down and look for them to snipe.
I bet its going to be more fun with the revamp, wont there be seb/HS style named camps that there arent right now?

My fave thing of the lguk style (seb is way more Lguk style than any zone in kunark imo) HS Is close too, but its like a lguk style, kunark style (random mob spawns/drops) hybrid dungeon.

but my fave thing about that style of dungeon is going to the like 1-9 named spawn camps, chardok I thought was just too 'random' for me to really enjoy as a solo enchanter, it felt like it was better to get a shaman and a monk to just melt mobs to increase spawns of random items... but then again what do i know, I havent gotten a shield or a staff to drop in my life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

anyway im just rambling at this point. oh yea I was thinking the revamp would make chardook more fun for enchanters, am i wrong? (like do they (all the mobs) all get leveled up to like lvl 60 too?)
Last edited by mickmoranis; 04-02-2018 at 08:45 PM..
Old 04-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure really. I never visited revped chardok on live.
Closed Thread