Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalasHermit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was told 9 Awakened were on log by staff when I very politely asked about it.... /shrug

As I said earlier, 3 swapped after pull was done, was never more than 6 humans and the overall encounter log will reflect that, so hopefully it is looked at and not just the head count numbers.

Shit here I am using facts and logic in RNF again, my bad all.

Glad Europa inflated it to 13 to make it seem worse though.

There how's that?
Do you have video of the pull and them swapping ? Because that is the only way you will disprove encounter logs. Just a heads up. The staff looks at those logs and when folks drop off aggro you gotta prove they didn't die on the pull etc. and that 6 were indeed all that was used.

Either way you guys are dumb for even putting yourselves in the situation.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by raato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure the group of players that were petitioned were asked if they wanted to concede the mob before petition goes in. But they decided to roll the dice with the server staff rather than work it out, again. Resulting unexpected raid suspension extension for their guild.

I find it funny that time after time when Awakened gets slammed they still like to blame others for it. Maybe it's time to check the brainwashing happening in Awakeneds /gu after all?
According to your supreme leader Cuckasi, the petition from Europa was for stalling, which would've been false accusation in the first place, and not the reason AW received an extra seven days for. How Menden spared Europa at least 20 days for crying-wolf is beyond me.

Get off your moral high horse Europa, you are not a virgin anymore.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

It may have helped AW's chances to throw that petition in before one of your officers got banned in this thread for going off the deep end about a staff-led conspiracy.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Fascinating how the story changed from - we were really only 6 people with someone zoning in to clear agro to 9 or 13 (whatever number is true) being on the encounter log due to character switching.. Not the point anyway.
I was reading guild chat as it happened and people petitioned for stalling the encounter. Not because there were 7 awakened in zone at any one time.
If I have to log back and forth between accounts so i can pull, tank and kill, whilst having to kite the encounter in teh zone for a long duration of time to allow for said switching of characters, doesn't sound like I had the raidforce to kill the encounter to begin with and therefore i was stalling?
Old 04-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really whats the point anymore? Their intentions are pretty clear. 60+ members suspended from raiding or doing anything together on P99 for 40+ days. Its just bad publicity in my opinion. Collectively condemning the actions of a few for the many. Who wants to play on a server run by tyrant?

Agnarr is more fun anyway.
Can I have your stuff?
Old 04-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would make sense if 3 people were swapping to other roles that 9 would show up on the log. Server staff should be able to verify it too. If those AW members sent a petition in with the names of players/accounts that they swapping from/to I would think they could get the extra 7 days dropped.

On the other hand maybe the staff view the need to use more than 6 toons from start to finish as not one-groupable content by definition, and the swapping to different toons was against the spirit of the way that rule is written.
This is what I was thinking also. I'm confident they can see who logged in/out and when. Yes it's more homework than they might be willing to do for Awakened right now, but it would certainly be the most fair approach to gather ALL facts.

Like you mentioned also, it's possible they are going to just run with the "against the spirit of the rules" thing and that is a good lesson for all guilds.

As for the "why risk it opinion".. uhm 6 people playing EQ to kill things in game isn't a risk it's called Monday. It was an unfortunate situation that Sozo zoned in for 20seconds.. it's also an unfortunate situation that another guild can't just accept they weren't able to do what this group of 6 players could do, as quickly as they could, and simply try again another day with more speed and knowledge.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Man you guys just dont get it, do you?

Still not one single post or comment accepting responsibility for anything you've done.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dettawalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fascinating how the story changed from - we were really only 6 people with someone zoning in to clear agro to 9 or 13 (whatever number is true) being on the encounter log due to character switching.. Not the point anyway.
I was reading guild chat as it happened and people petitioned for stalling the encounter. Not because there were 7 awakened in zone at any one time.
If I have to log back and forth between accounts so i can pull, tank and kill, whilst having to kite the encounter in teh zone for a long duration of time to allow for said switching of characters, doesn't sound like I had the raidforce to kill the encounter to begin with and therefore i was stalling?
It's not a raid mob. It's just a rare named mob. Honestly shouldn't have been any GM involvement whatsoever. Would somebody petition Lord Grimrot if they saw it being kited? shm.

It's possible these dudes broke the spirit of the rule of 6+ and I accept that but stalling isn't a thing on a non-raid target to my knowledge - If I'm wrong I will accept that too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to your supreme leader Cuckasi, the petition from Europa was for stalling, which would've been false accusation in the first place, and not the reason AW received an extra seven days for. How Menden spared Europa at least 20 days for crying-wolf is beyond me.

Get off your moral high horse Europa, you are not a virgin anymore.
Petition was indeed about stalling, made by a regular Europa member. So it wasn't even a raid dispute petition since only guild leadership can post such petition. Petition was targetting the group of players that were stalling, not the guild. And they were given fair chance to work it out before petition went in.

About stalling, I'm not sure since I wasn't there and haven't seen any complete footage of the kill, but I have been told Vaniki was kited over 10 minutes at the entrance before it was engaged at brought under 100% health while about 2 groups of Europa members were watching it happen. Maybe post the complete video of the kill including the pull if 10+ mins isn't correct? And I'm not sure what is the case with Vaniki and stalling rules. But maybe this quote from Mendem will enlighten his opinion about stalling in general (original post: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...69#post2657569):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENAK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Menden told me today that kiting/stalling non-raid mobs has a limit, in the range of 10 minutes or so. Another guide (Cylok? I'm bad with names) told me that someone can stall Lodi indefinitely if they'd like, so who knows I guess.

Great guy, by the way.
Delaying a kill(kiting), 5-10 minutes is fairly reasonable, it all depends on the situation. Like I said before, don't kite a mob around waiting for your raid force for more then 5-10 minutes if you get FTE, be ready to engage. And if you are watching someone else do this, be sure they are truly delaying, don't let the pixelfever get the best of you.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man you guys just dont get it, do you?

Still not one single post or comment accepting responsibility for anything you've done.
Just keep fapping to the next 6 months of uncontested content you get to do. And how you can be the hero of p99 by giving us plebs our 1 mob a week.
Closed Thread