Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The amount of crying over Salty being banned is pathetic - seriously, man up. If anything he should have been banned earlier. While I can't confirm the numerous accusations I've heard of him cheating, multiboxing, etc., I can confirm what I saw in my own limited interactions with him where he trained 2 sand giants on a group of people over a petty camp dispute. Seriously, who does that? I think it should tell you something that only 10 seconds after I met him I already had a bad impression of him.
It's about everyone being held to the same standard. I've never had a problem with Uthgaard, but there are a fuckton of training/griefing cunts on this server that have gotten away with much more. Secrets summed it up nicely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets
we shouldn't really let personal vendettas get in the way (I had way too many of them when I was a developer, way too many to be a GM, and I stepped down because of them, they were getting in the way of my work.) and we should just move on
I'm not going to stick up for Salty because I can't vouch for him, but I've been following FoH for years, since our guilds were rivaling back in the days of EQ. I still have a ton of friends/ex guildmates that post there, and it's been a great place to reminisce and also start up forum guilds for new games that pop up. What I absolutely don't get tired of is your typical self-conscious gamer that is, dare I say it, intimidated by the name and therefore responds with nerdrage.

Bruuce, mang, unfortunately if you talk about any progression that isn't P99 related people get very upset. They have delicate egos, and disguise their tears with lulz.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Theres a huge difference HUGE difference between being a hard ass GM and doing whats right for the server and condoning yourself like a professional should. And being an egotistical ass-hat that Uthgard has proven to be.

Be a hard ass, do whats right for the server, thats fine. But when you openly ridicule people on the forums for everyone to see as someone that has power and should be leading by example, you just make yourself look like a power tripping douche.

Will this get me banned? Probably...Do I care anymore? No.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

OH and Ive never had any run ins with Salty nor Uth, and dont know either of them. Just their postings on the board. And just by reading simple posts Uthgard is really no better than Salty, I could give 2 shits less about what hes developed when he makes the asshattery posts that he makes.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He definitely deserved his suspension. The only thing they didn't know, was what a waste of time it would be to to attempt to reason with the whining babies over on the pair of coattails that you call a community forum. You all can wallow in your own misery while attempting to convince the rest of the world that you have any clout at all. Quite the opposite, all your little picket line has done is prove to the rest of the world just how unimportant you all are.

Meanwhile, the rest of the server has come out loud and strong in support of me and my style of decision making. The community here doesn't like useless shitwads that do nothing but attempt to subvert their server for their own agenda. They know that I'm standing up for them and will not bend to a divisive bunch of garbage that marinates in its own mediocrity.
I can't agree that the rest of the server is in support of your style of decision making. You get a lot of nut huggers on here who are obviously going to agree with you. I honestly don't care how you run this server, but this is a little convo between 2 dudes in my group I just happened to find interesting after we were getting trained by some morons.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

People are too scared to say anything. I myself have found it's easier to just keep quiet (in game), even for legitimate issues.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theres a huge difference HUGE difference between being a hard ass GM and doing whats right for the server and condoning yourself like a professional should. And being an egotistical ass-hat that Uthgard has proven to be.
He is not a professional, he is a dude doing this on his free time for your benefit. This high standard of conduct that most of you have dreamed up is bullshit. Let him lay the smack down to assholes and idiots as needed. The server could use a further culling anyway.

If you dont like it get the fuck out, no one is forcing you to play here for free.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 04-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He is not a professional, he is a dude doing this on his free time for your benefit. This high standard of conduct that most of you have dreamed up is bullshit. Let him lay the smack down to assholes and idiots as needed. The server could use a further culling anyway.

If you dont like it get the fuck out, no one is forcing you to play here for free.
Then let him develop and not deal with people or moderate (lolz) the rants and flames forum.

If you swallowed any more of his cock you would be shitting his cum.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not being a professional doesnt mean you shouldnt act professional. When you hold an authority position of any type, paid or not. It doesnt matter, you should always act in a mature professional manner...always. And Uthgaard fails to do so.

Nilbog is a great example of how to act as an authority figure.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Sarnak

i just dont understand why youd want to run off people who have extensive experience with the game and are willing to test/play/donate to the server. devs are obv proud of the amount of people playing the game and would rather it be a larger amount of people than a smaller amount. so why allow gms to police your server as terrible as uthgaard and hobby? i just dont get it
Old 04-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Aviak

Bruuce - you vocal guys from FoH are a small group of self-congratulatory trouble makers. I know you feel like you guys should hold some clout because you are regular posters/members over there, but most people don't give a fuck.

I regularly read the FoH forums, but not because I'm in awe of your gaming skills and associations, but because like many people, I enjoy a good train wreck of fevered egos. Same reason I read this shit.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Orc

Cover uou are pretty stupid if you you don't think non FoH people are not afraid to deal with the GM's here when they are broadcasting in game basically petition and I will ban you.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled window licking though.
Closed Thread