Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Live I remember people re-rolling their raid tanks to max CHA for Divine Intervention. Are people that extreme here?

Zen
I believe there is evidence that Divine Intervention save was not working properly until Luclin or PoP era fix (it was bugged... the save happened, but was too rare an occurrence to bank on buffing it).

I'm not sure how it is working on P99 honestly.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t worry about raid tanking, too many ogre troll to let a tiny wood elf tank ��.
actually check your /who all count warrior <race>
troll warriors are rare-ish. ogres, barbarians and dwarves are most common.
also, many top raiding warriors are humans, half-elves or whatever other races.
from what i understand ogre warriors are actually better 1-59 in PUGs, not in raids. at some point no racial natural ability is that relevent, and a better geared dark elf warrior will be better than a worse geared ogre warrior, FSI or not.

You still shouldn't worry about raiding tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but not because you're a wood elf hehe.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

I've always had a problem with stuff like this. Gearscore add-on for WoW was one of the many reasons that game was so horrible. You do you, though.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

I think part of the fun is you can make an argument for different approaches for different situations. Dex for more procs for holding aggro. AC for mitigation. HP for more efficient CHs or surviving close calls. Str for dps. Resists for casters. Etc
Old 04-27-2018, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

HP and endgame AC too. When you are dead your procs wont matter anymore anyway
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is my point allocation on a 60 monk in case you were wondering:
  • 1 AC = 4
  • 1 STR = 2
  • 1 STA = 4
  • 1 AGI = 1
  • 1 DEX = 2
  • 1 HP = 1
  • 1 svM = 6
  • 1 svF = 3
  • 1 svC = 3
  • 1 svP = 2
  • 1 svD = 2

I also add a bonus for worn abilities like see invis (80), ultravision (60), regen (15 per regen point), and enduring breath (40).

I have an entire scale for haste too, although I must admit I don't think it's balanced right yet:
  • 41% = 450
  • 36% = 350
  • 34% = 300
  • 31% = 250
  • 26-27% = 200
  • 24% = 150
  • 21-22% = 100

For weapons, I kept it simple and multiply the dmg/dly ratio by 500 in addition to any other points for stats.

Hope that helps,

Zen

So to do an item comparison using your method

Necklace of Nightstalking: 149 points
Standard +6 neck: 204 points
Zlandi: 225 points
LTK: 227 points
First Brood Talisman: 267 points
Yelinak: 247 points (697 if adding haste)
Bile Etched Obsidian Choker:380 points
Amulet of the Dreadgazer: 465 points (see invis and ultravision)
Valtrons: 555 points

It seems to produce fairly rational results although there are a couple things I would tweak:
  • Ignore +str as it's so easy to cap
  • Only give full weight to +sta under 205 then give a +2 allocation to sta between 205 and 255 unbuffed
  • Give +svFR and +svCR a +2 allocation
  • Give +svDR and +svPR a +1 allocation
  • Only give weight to +dex if you have a procing weapon

I agree on the high allocation to +sv magic for a monk, but maybe not for a warrior.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

I started my scorecard measuring everything in relation to HP. That’s why 1 HP = 1 and 1 STA = 4 (for a monk, this would be 6 for a Warrior). Under that approach I tried to decide how many HP I was willing to trade off for other stats.

I think your proposed changes are quite valid, as are Wedar’s (Rygar). Things change as your character evolves too. Namely svP flower from PoM when stacked with DMF and Shaman svP basically means that 1svP should score as zero and a Primal blows the entire melee stat system.

Long story short, you can and should tailor this for your character and change it as they progress. So make you excel able to handle weighting’s changes and not hard code them like a did.

Zen
Old 05-09-2018, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For soloing use fungi + blood points and learn how to combat bandage
Sorry cherry picking a single comment in here but I have a 50 warrior now and am working on getting some solid gear on her and she's an iksar. Is double bloodpoint leveling still most efficient in Velious?

My war has okay AC with mostly thurg quest armor, 20% spell haste (eyepatch); 36% worn haste; fungi, aob, decent weapons, and working on DS from 9th ring. I have rarely used double Blood Points because even with around 170 dex, I have had fights with 0 or 1 procs.

So that being said, with velious level gear out now, a lot higher AC, and very accessible strong weapons: Skyfury Scimitar, Winters Fury around 5k each and .57 ratio; Frostbringer arund .55 ratio for a couple K; and more frequent rotting warrior weapons in VP and TOV (.62 or .67!?).

At what point do those weapons perform Bloodpoint even with it's proc?!?!
Old 05-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

I'm probably going to run some tests on Divine Intervention when I hit 60, to see if its working as it functions in EQEmu or if it was worse classically/here. The chance in stock eqemu is CHA * 3/10 %, IIRC, so actually isn't too bad if you have a good CHA. I happened to put some points in CHA for RP value, and I'm going to be amused if it ends up having an actual benefit at some point.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 07-22-2018, 10:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my macro is this:

Line 1 = /attack off
Line 2 = /target <myname>
Line 3 = /pause 2
Line 4 = /doability 1 {where 1 = bind wound}
Line 5 = /stand

then i manually TAB or click on my target and hit my auto-attack button.
this works best with naturally slower weapons, like the aforementioned Staff of Battle, cause you lose no DPS in the process, whereas in my DW setting i will inevitably lose a bit of damage.

Also:

- try to get against a wall when you do it, will prevent some of the pushing that could cancel the bind wound.
- works better against a single target if possible (for the same reason).
- this should be obvious, but it's better to start running than to bluntly wait for BW to finish when shit hits the fan... I have died more than i would dare admit because i was combat bind wounding and wanted that last bit of HP heal before running to zone line, hence killing myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] the /stand part means you're free to move, at the tiny cost of cancelling your BW, so do it if you have to!
So ogre is best at combat bandage bc of frontal stun immunity or doesnt matter?
Closed Thread