Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to find groups easily, I wouldn't recommend enchanter (even though it's a great class to play). There are tons of enchanters. Most of the time if you zone in Seb, you'll see at least one enchanter LFG at the zone in.

I think it's easier to find a group if you're a cleric or a shaman. Shaman also gives you a strong solo potential.

If your goal is to make friends, cleric, rogue or warrior are great choices because you will be forced to make friends to achieve anything.
I have never sat LFG for more than 20-30 minutes in 58 levels as an enchanter. There are tons of enchanters, but enchanters also have the opportunity and ability to go into pretty much any XP zone in the game and solo. Plus, with OT hammer you are never more than 2 minutes away from one of the best 55+ XP zones in the game as an enchanter (Howling Stones). Enchanters don’t stack well with each other, but they do stack better than either Shamans or Clerics because charm pet DPS is great DPS.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Ench is really nice for all of the reasons that people have already mentioned. On top of that it's a great class for days when you only have 30-45 min to play (not a great amount of time if you want to group). With an ench you are still able to accomplish something in that time because they are such effective soloers.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue was my first class and I can say it was a great choice. Basic gear is inexpensive and you're always wanted in groups
Old 04-30-2018, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters don’t stack well with each other, but they do stack better than either Shamans or Clerics because charm pet DPS is great DPS.
ENC actually stack really well with other enchanters. I duo'd with a another ENC about a week ago just to help him get some exp faster (hes not 60 yet), its actually quite hilarious 2 charm pets melted shit faster than most 6man groups + can cover each other on charm breaks. So yea IMO enchanters stack fine with other enchanters
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 04-30-2018, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

druid good for fresh off the boat
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ENC actually stack really well with other enchanters. I duo'd with a another ENC about a week ago just to help him get some exp faster (hes not 60 yet), its actually quite hilarious 2 charm pets melted shit faster than most 6man groups + can cover each other on charm breaks. So yea IMO enchanters stack fine with other enchanters
Enchanters stack terribly when both are trying to CC. They’re perfectly fine when the duties are allocated to charming.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:48 AM
Fire Giant

druid for tracking money or enchanter
Old 05-01-2018, 04:21 AM
Fire Giant

I started with a necro a druid and a shaman, so far for me the druid has been the most fun, but I usually go solo around exploring due to being afk at odd intervals. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want to group shaman is very good! But has the versatility of being able to solo too.

I see mid level shamans soloing all the time, rooting then dotting guards haha.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Depends on what you want to do too.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 05-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Banned

Enchanter is a great choice.

Was my first class too...and P99 is my first time ever playing EQ.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Large Bat

if you're brand new to EQ i suggest starting with something like cleric to learn the basics of the game. otherwise you run the risk of ending up a bad enchanter because your noob habits have become ingrained and 2nd nature. also you'd need at least 7k for a goblin ring and gcd item!
Closed Thread