Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 12:17 AM
Orc

Thumbs up sup, just starting P1999

played the game about 3 weeks after the official servers launched on E'ci after they went live all the way until they raised the level cap from 65-70 and unsubscribed the same day the expansion went live. figured i would play this a bit and have some fun.. apparently this game cant be played on an amd processor above 4.2 GHZ though, spent 3 days trying to figure it out and dropped it down in my bios so i didn't get the 1017 error! not what i want to do every time but i dont know what else would solve it.

any classes that are a bad idea? i am not sure what to expect with this server for its population, but i had a high elf magician which was my main, iksar monk which was also my main [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], and gnome enchanter all 3 pretty well maxed level all the way through.. and i guess most other class based/hybrid to 30 or so. i want to pick probably a dark elf or something for at least one of my classes and experience different zones from what i stuck through with all my other characters in the live servers.. it was always around felwithe and kelethin/estate of unrest/freeport deserts/karana's etc. and there are actually a lot of zones that i haven't given much time to that i would like to check out this time around, though i guess that will be dangerous considering i wont be familiar with them!

absolutely no idea what i want to pick right now but i will probably jump in with something while i try to decide and any info would be appreciated. (probably a high elf for a little bit, want to see felwithe again.. hopefully they dont remember me killing them all on my high elf magician [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] with him, if it moved, i killed it. pretty much the entire world of npc's hated my guts..)

also were the movement keys not wasd??? lol i think i used the mouse right+left click to move around most of the time and numlock. this totally caught me off guard.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome back to d grind. Ive heard sumthin bout multiple cores havin trouble with titanium...not mHz restrictions?
U can change any keybindin in game, such as WASD
Old 11-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back to d grind. Ive heard sumthin bout multiple cores havin trouble with titanium...not mHz restrictions?
U can change any keybindin in game, such as WASD
it is quite strange, but even making the game use 1 core through task manager, making a .batch file to do so, or even following through the entire help thread multiple times with the instructions on the erroe on the thread in this forum didnt do anything. some guy on a different website said a bunch of AMD processors have issues with it and cant run above 4.2 GHZ to run it, so i dropped it down and sure enough it works like a charm. i have an AMD FX 9590
Closed Thread