Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Blaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, I am wondering if any guilds consistently raid Plane of Fear. I'm trying to get a piece for the bard epic and I would love to tag along and help in any way I could. Thank you so much.
Sent you a PM. We raid PoF 1-3 times a month. Seems like an easy drop
Old 12-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In OPs defense, it's fun questing regardless of a bottle neck down the road. Why wait for an item? When you can get to your bottle neck then maybe join a pug raid or guild that will take down said dragon. And to my knowledge most guilds reward epic items for people closest to that step. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. Lots of people here are willing to help regardless of the current forum image.

I know I have one of these for him. It just might be hard for me to get it to him in the near future
Completing an entire quest only to get to the part which is 100x harder than the rest of what you did is fun? Hmm, I'm going to disagree with that. It's more like giving someone false hope. Especially if OP has no idea what the raid scene looks like as a whole, guilds aren't just freely giving out scales. It's important to know what you're getting yourself into. I'm all for offering up some of my toons to help with epics here and there, but this is a different beast.

OP, just plan on raiding with a guild if you ever want to get your bard's epic, unless you're one of those guildless tunnel rats who can throw down 300k. I choose my chars based on the attainability of the epic and I don't raid, so this is something I'd like to know about beforehand.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completing an entire quest only to get to the part which is 100x harder than the rest of what you did is fun? Hmm, I'm going to disagree with that. It's more like giving someone false hope. Especially if OP has no idea what the raid scene looks like as a whole, guilds aren't just freely giving out scales. It's important to know what you're getting yourself into. I'm all for offering up some of my toons to help with epics here and there, but this is a different beast.

OP, just plan on raiding with a guild if you ever want to get your bard's epic, unless you're one of those guildless tunnel rats who can throw down 300k. I choose my chars based on the attainability of the epic and I don't raid, so this is something I'd like to know about beforehand.
What he's saying is that the bard epic isn't hopeless, but getting a white scale without a guild DEFINITELY is hopeless. You might as well join R-tier guilds and rack up that DKP, or spend a long and lonely time saving up plat.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Blaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, I am wondering if any guilds consistently raid Plane of Fear. I'm trying to get a piece for the bard epic and I would love to tag along and help in any way I could. Thank you so much.
<Asgard> raids PoF sometimes for now, planning to do it tonight or this weekend sometime, you can tag along if you want, hit us up.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 12-07-2018, 03:43 PM
Orc

Thank you guys for all the help. If I was doing this guildless, it would be impossible but thankfully that is not the case. KSWM have helped me out tremendously to the point where the epic isn't a pipe dream, i.e. I could dkp the white scale. KSWM might have done PoF and I am unaware. But since I've been with them, I've never seen them schedule or do a PoF raid so that's why I am asking here cause I know some guilds still do. Thank you Artaenc and Daalle.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Orc

/who all core and ask one of them
Old 12-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddarok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/who all core and ask one of them
Core doesn't really kill much beyond golems, draco, and anything that adds during kill of those mini-bosses. Someone may have one laying around, but your best bet, if you don't want to MQ, is to go with one of the guilds that does a full clear.

I have seen a very small group clearing with a streamer from <Solitude> so you may want to check with him.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutizutzut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen a very small group clearing with a streamer from <Solitude> so you may want to check with him.
www.twitch.tv/sugz4
Old 12-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Aviak

When CT spawns. All of fear is AE'd down to kill CT. Almost everything rots. Best bet is wait for a quake and ask one of the guilds clearing, if you can tag along and loot.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

If someone has an extra Tendril after he gets on I’d take it also heh.. this piece has been a pain for pretty much all reasons stated... because of the raid rules there isn’t any incentive to kill inside fear all too often so this thing has been quite the pain!
Closed Thread