Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 08:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thumbs up New player looking for advice

Hail all, i am curently installing Titanium and was wondering what races are in demand at the moment I was hoping to play a Bard again or Perhaps a Warrior but would like to be useful to the servers, I haven't played for nearly 12 years and I am definitely looking forward to re living the golden years,

FYI I am Australian hoping there are a few of us still playing

Cheers,[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-31-2019, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to p99! Ultimately, if you play a class that you like, you're going to be more likely to stick with the game. With that being said, the majority of the people on this server are from the US, and therefore it may be difficult to find groups when you'll be playing. Bards are experts at soloing, whereas warriors are group (and gear) dependent. Between these two classes I would pick bard if I were you; they are also a great addition to any group!

The most "in demand" class is cleric by far. Enchanters are probably second to clerics because they can increase a group's efficiency more than any other class with their buffs and debuffs, such as Clarity, Slows, and Haste.

I wish you luck!
Old 01-31-2019, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Gnomes are always in demand.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:02 PM
Kobold

Clerics are probably the most in-demand class for both grouping and raiding, since they are pretty much mandatory for a lot of content. Once you get into your 30s and beyond, people will send you tells for begging for groups and rezzes if you aren't /anon.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:39 PM
Orc

Play what ya wanna play, that way you stick with it. If ya need anything and I am online shoot me a tell.

My steam cuz why not?
Old 01-31-2019, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

Ill echo the "choose Bard" sentiment if you enjoy that class. You can solo all you want as a Bard utilizing many different tactics (swarming obviously being the FASTEST) and you're also one of the best grouping classes in the game and will have no problems sitting around LFG most of the time.

Edit - Bards also require very little gear to be fully effective at their job. You can pickup MM drums and lute in your late 20s/early 30s and buy some CHA gear in EC for lulls (CHA gear which also happens to be very inexpensive). Lastly Bards can make alot of plat while swarming and even more money selling PLs once ur 50+
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 01-31-2019 at 10:29 PM..
Old 01-31-2019, 10:42 PM
Orc

Bard may be easier to start with as a first char. Warriors are far more gear dependent and offer much less self sufficiency. But play what you want and enjoy, every class has a purpose. Welcome back.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Definitely Bard . Warrior requires a lot of support and you probably don't have guild or friends on server yet .
Old 02-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

I would like to state that all responses besides mine are incorrect as he asked for which race was in most demand (and not class).
Old 02-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to state that all responses besides mine are incorrect as he asked for which race was in most demand (and not class).
Pretty sure mine applies as I don't refer to a class at all.

My steam cuz why not?
Closed Thread