Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dragons aren't hard to kill. Please don't think that we raid because we enjoy the process of killing a mob once it is in camp.

What made this game fun at the high end was competing against other like minded individuals for loot that other people couldn't obtain.
Exactly my points! That makes it fun for YOU! More power to you.

Your fun isn't fun for me, or, I suspect, a majority of the raid capable player base. Why? Because we can't log in at 2pm on a weekday.

I'll get my fun a different way than you. That's ok. I dont' expect you to see eye to eye with me, and won't try to convince you otherwise.

But there are plenty of "I don't like this decision" posts in this thread, and others. I DO like it, and I wanted to make that clear to the developers.

Maybe my thoughts will change after a while. Maybe they won't. We'll all see how it turns out.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Guids rotating raid zones, thats defiently one way to solve a problem. But, why not just make the rule, no pulling trash and raid bosses to zone ent? This would solve the problem of people accidently pulling raid encounters ontop of unexpecting other guilds who might just be trying to do their own thing, while upholding the intergerity of the games most basic values of competition, organization, mobilization and skill. Just trying to help think outside the box here on how this community might be able to come up with a solution that keeps in tact the intregerity of the game while upholding long standing traditions of the server.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dragons aren't hard to kill. Please don't think that we raid because we enjoy the process of killing a mob once it is in camp.

What made this game fun at the high end was competing against other like minded individuals for loot that other people couldn't obtain. You say you are happy to now explore a zone you never have before. Well, consider the fact that this new rule will exclude players whose spent there last couple months doing nothing but practicing and playing in that same zone. These players now are just told to leave and do whatever while people who have never put time into learning the zone get free reign because god said so.

Also, on the notion of skill. Obviously anyone can preform the necessary actions to pull ToV dragons, it really isn't that hard. But why we deserve the loot is because we spend 10+hrs at a time just waiting for things to spawn and being ready for when they do. I don't think I'm special because I can no life a game, but I do think I deserve more loot than someone who spends 3 hours a night in dungeons or leveling an alt.

Was looking forward to raiding with Core, BG, and AG but I guess that will never happen.
I do not enjoy waiting 10+ hours for things to spawn. I do not enjoy spamming a button at empty space for an hour straight.

Honestly, those behaviors shouldn't be rewarded with the best gear. Even under this new system, it's still going to take a lot of time and dedication to find and win your desired drops seeing as how your particular guild will be doing ToV much more rarely. Don't worry, casual scum will still drool over your pixels.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Your fun isn't fun for me, or, I suspect, a majority of the raid capable player base. Why? Because we can't log in at 2pm on a weekday.

I'll get my fun a different way than you. That's ok. I dont' expect you to see eye to eye with me, and won't try to convince you otherwise.

But there are plenty of "I don't like this decision" posts in this thread, and others. I DO like it, and I wanted to make that clear to the developers.

Maybe my thoughts will change after a while. Maybe they won't. We'll all see how it turns out.
My point was that my fun is being taken away.

I'll just find some other things to do but understand that someone is actively taking away my fun to give you 'fun.'
Old 02-05-2019, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred_Redline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just instance the zone.
*climbs to the top of High Keep, targets Kindred_Redline, clicks drop kick of the damned*
Old 02-05-2019, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

I think this is a message that dev's do not want p99 to be a lifestyle, I think that is good, let's see how it goes.

I think it's a good experiment, try for 6 months then try no CSR tov. Learn from all 3 approaches thus far and adopt best one, or a hybrid.

Only disappointment is allowing zone line pulling, wish they would say that is mechanics exploit and cost you rotation spot. Please Braknar, heed my call...
Old 02-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'll just find some other things to do but understand that someone is actively taking away my fun to give you 'fun.'
Sounds like post 2008 computer gaming.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's some things you can look at to put all your participation trophies in.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slard271 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's some things you can look at to put all your participation trophies in.
Greatly appreciated!

I'll return the favor! Here are some options you may find helpful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://www.google.com/search?q=sock...w=1920&bih=938
Old 02-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Say this or that about rotations if you will, but I draw the line at claiming the Sky rotation has been working very well for a long time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of what makes sky rotation work out okay is the respawn rate of the islands... Inside of just 1 week many guilds can all visit PoSky and have their fun!