Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Praise druids and theyre amazing plethora of useful abilities!!
Praise Druids!!!
Old 03-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? Efreeti isn't a "known Druid charm spot", in fact it hasn't a single animal. PoM isn't all about charming rats in the rat maze. There are no rats in the rat maze. Ratmen are not animals and cannot be charmed by druids.

Look Lora, please have a seat here. All your friends are here, and we all love you. But we'd like to have a talk about your addiction to "confabulating EverQuest game advice," and just tell you how that has affected all of us. It was one thing when you wrote that guide telling shamans a global cooldown clear item probably isn't strictly necessary, but this is going too far. This is a safe space. We're just worried about you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're all human, and we all have only so much time on each character. And while we're not all stoners ... I am, and my memory is far from perfect. I'll be the first to admit it, and often (but not always, and this is my bad) I say as much and couch my suggestions in "I think" or "I believe" or something.

In this case I did PoM on my Shaman, so I didn't know the ratmen weren't charmable; I remembered the rat maze was a druid spot in the Per-Level guide, and forgot this line (because again, I haven't taken my Druid there): "Skunks are animals for druid charming, the rat men are not". And now that I'm writing this it makes no sense to me, because I don't remember ever seeing skunks in the maze, so there's something to update in the guide ...

As for Efreeti I could have sworn I'd heard of people charming those bats, but I guess my stoner memory was mistaken on that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite part of Loraguides is when he says something trivially wrong, but still pretends like it comes from personal experience and not half remembered third hand information.
The Per-Level guide currently has 246 different hunting spots and the Treasure guide has ... more (I need to add a counter). It's really, really hard for one person to compile a resource that comprehensive from 100% personal experience. It's even harder/impossible if that person is a stoner like myself.

So, a great deal of what's in the guide is based on forum posts, other guides, etc., and yes it's all written with the same style. If I get one thing trivially wrong and make it sound like experience it's not because I intended to, but because I created a guide with 100% consistent style, 99% accurate information, and I'm human and got a small trivial thing wrong using that consistent style.

You get what you get with me. A hard-working wiki editor who has wasted literally hundreds of hours of his life trying to put useful info together in one place on the wiki so that there's a definitive answer to questions like "where should I go when looking for a place to hunt?" or "what buffs can I stack to get the most Wisdom?" ... and also a stoner who chimes in on the forums with the occasional half-baked not-remembered-perfectly-correctly post. If the sum of my contributions isn't net positive (I'd like to hope they are, but if not) just skip the guides.

P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Praise Druids!!!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-05-2019 at 12:26 PM..
Old 03-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

He wasn't saying there are are skunks in the maze (there aren't), he was saying there are the 2 up near entrance before you jump down that you can harmony/charm and bring it down with you.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He wasn't saying there are are skunks in the maze (there aren't), he was saying there are the 2 up near entrance before you jump down that you can harmony/charm and bring it down with you.
Right, I was referring to what the guide said, not what he said. I was saying the Per-Level Hunting Guide has an entry for "Rats in rat maze" which then says "Skunks are animals for druid charming, the rat men are not". That makes it sound like the guide is saying that there are skunks in the rat maze, when there aren't, so all I was saying was that I need to fix the guide to be clearer.

EDIT:

It now says:

Quote:
the rats in the maze aren't charmable, but you can charm a skunk above and bring it down.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-05-2019 at 12:41 PM..
Old 03-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Those skunks are not great pets tbh theyre pretty squishy but theyre a good choice for learning PoM druid charming.

heres a tip that can be added to wiki: McStinkles is the preferred skunk out of those two bc he will never be of summoning level, McSprayel however is always summoning level. So while Stinkles isnt that sturdy of a tank, he will never summon you on breaks which is important information for learning what to charm.

Double also the Gorillas in PoM generally have high MR and are a pain to keep charmed, avoid using them, even A1 Glonk.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those skunks are not great pets tbh theyre pretty squishy but theyre a good choice for learning PoM druid charming.

heres a tip that can be added to wiki: McStinkles is the preferred skunk out of those two bc he will never be of summoning level, McSprayel however is always summoning level. So while Stinkles isnt that sturdy of a tank, he will never summon you on breaks which is important information for learning what to charm.

Double also the Gorillas in PoM generally have high MR and are a pain to keep charmed, avoid using them, even A1 Glonk.
I was going to say "thanks I'll add that to the guide" ... but then someone went and did it for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 03-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Praise druids and theyre amazing plethora of useful abilities!!

Heathcliff - 60 Bard | Carkle - 60 Cleric
58 Ranger | 56 Shaman
54 Rogue | 54 Shadow Knight
51 Bard | 50 Paladin | 50 Warrior
41 Wizard | 40 Bard | 20 Magician
Old 03-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tell people I do drugs and hope they'll think I'm cool!
Old 03-05-2019, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

just do bear pits. shaman can slow and toss on some dots.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 03-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just do bear pits. shaman can slow and toss on some dots.
nothing more boring than watching two white bears maul each other for seemingly eons while surrounded by white textured floors and walls.

Bear pits was not for me, yuck.