Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 06:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you claiming a painter who is contracted to paint a house can stop halfway through and be owed a portion of the money? Like an unjust enrichment claim? That might have merit, especially if the painter completely painted a portion of the home ie. the complete exterior, or the complete downstairs, leaving no section as can be reasonably divided only partially painted.

Defendant did get a complete earring. But, I'd argue that fulfillment of second hoop is actually worth twice as much as the first. Either of the drops will suffice for the first earring. But once Buyer get his first earring you've limited the Buyer's chances for completion as the earring Buyer still needs is effectively twice as rare.

Assuming equal drop rates, perhaps there is an unjust enrichment claim. I find for the petitioner in the amount of 6,666p, 6g, 6s, 6c.
Unjust enrichment is an equitable remedy but not a recognized cause of action. Common law quantum meruit is what you are correctly proposing here: https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1692
Old 03-26-2019, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unjust enrichment is an equitable remedy but not a recognized cause of action. Common law quantum meruit is what you are correctly proposing here: https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1692
Firstly, unjust enrichment is, in fact, in some jurisdictions, a cause of action.

Secondly, unjust enrichment and quantum meruit are often confused by both law students and lawyers alike. They are not the same, as you correctly point out.

In either case, the essential doctrine remains: at the end of the day, you can't receive a benefit without expecting to pay something for it. There is a clear breach of contract here that resulted in the transfer of property from one part to the other. That property, in this case, cannot be returned and needs a remedy which provides some compensation from the party that received the benefit. That the relationship has soured and the contract has been broken would not change this doctrine.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:15 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing gets me harder than boys practicing law on elf sim forums

#Younglawyer

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by natescraigslist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i payed out my partner his 5k because im not willing to let my partner get ripped of by my buyer being a POS .. so im down 5k and negative a 15k potentail gain in profit.. lesson learned fuck alevert and his bullshit and be more carefull selling lootrights
oh boy
Old 03-26-2019, 08:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by natescraigslist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i payed out my partner his 5k because im not willing to let my partner get ripped of by my buyer being a POS .. so im down 5k and negative a 15k potentail gain in profit.. lesson learned fuck alevert and his bullshit and be more carefull selling lootrights
Nobody cares if you're down in potential gain, because serverwide, you not being banned gives eveyone on the server a negative potential gain.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Go fuck yourself, you selfish prick.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elerial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
eat shit communist
Old 03-26-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Righteous
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

I mean the guy willingly entered a deal with a known EQ felon (siryado)
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

Did Alevert get his agreed upon second loot? Did Siryado get his money? Tune in next week on Dragonball Z!
Old 04-03-2019, 04:40 AM
Aviak

[QUOTE=America;2882713]eat shit communist[/QUOTE

Please post more. That avatar jif you have, the dwarf chick from Frouen/TheGoodPlace positively turns me on.
Closed Thread