Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 08:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Patch

Everyone going nuts about patches. ......

Server populations being hit by World of Warcraft as well as shitty patches is legit Classic. You folks are reliving the dream!
Old 09-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Lol at all the tears. Big TY to the devs and project owners for the hours of volunteer work on this amazing project.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct - they're now available on select vendors, I added to patch notes.
Besides being bugged and requiring level 255, shouldn't have other ports have been added as well per nilbog's post here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=11
Old 09-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Aviak

I'm sad to see the pet window and the second hotbar go, but at least we are allowed to keep the multiple chat windows. It will especially be hard for pet classes since they have to move the pet commands over to the hotbar (of which they only have 1 now...).

I understand the changes are in line with classic, still wouldn't have been my choice.

Let's hope we don't eventually see a cap to 800x600 and the initial fixed UI for the green server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Anyways it is all mute for me now as long as this patch is not working for us mac users.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333319
Old 09-08-2019, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Besides being bugged and requiring level 255, shouldn't have other ports have been added as well per nilbog's post here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=11
Yes, the new spells Ring of Cobalt Scar, Ring of Great Divide and Ring of Wakening Lands are now available, I bought them in Kelethin at the Druid Guild. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 09-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Banned

The friends window is gone too.

I thought, at first, that we were being forced into some sort of fully classic UI. I'm glad to see that's not the case. I still don't like the cherry picking that is being done with reverting things to classic, but whatever. If it makes Rogean happy.
Last edited by bomaroast; 09-08-2019 at 10:26 PM..
Old 09-08-2019, 10:43 PM
Banned

classic client when? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazarYoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really wish we could have left the UI’s as they were. Not really seeing this patch as an improvement... the game felt classic, I really don’t think the optional UI changes prevented anyone from experiencing the classic game. If you liked the simple UI use the simple UI if you preferred a bit more customization it doesn’t seem unreasonable to allow it.
I agree 1000%, the optional UI changes didn't prevent anyone from experiencing the classic game UI and its limitations. Use the simple UI and case closed. The pet bar and everything else allowed on P99 are quality of life options for those who need them. I dont play with voice chat or GINA but should we call foul on the people using these as well? They were not around at classic either. To not understand why folks are upset is bit puzzling to me.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax10 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree 1000%, the optional UI changes didn't prevent anyone from experiencing the classic game UI and its limitations. Use the simple UI and case closed. The pet bar and everything else allowed on P99 are quality of life options for those who need them. I dont play with voice chat or GINA but should we call foul on the people using these as well? They were not around at classic either. To not understand why folks are upset is bit puzzling to me.
I mean.. how could they police GINA? Introduce a logger that checks to see if it's running, and if so, close your game? I doubt people'd be happy with P99 constantly scanning their running programs.

Pretty sure they'd ban it if they could, since it's not classic.

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 09-09-2019, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

If you were using buttons on the pet window, then you could just make a 'proxy pet window' using the socials tab of the abilities window. Fill out on of the ten socials pages with the commands that formerly lived in the pet window (with a health report button replacing the hp line).

This way you get to keep your mouse operated pet commands without having to use any space on your hot bar.
Closed Thread