Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calling people carebears cause they dont think like you is so grade school level but lets get to the point here, if anyone seriously thinks green is going to be hard they are kidding themselves, classic was hard cause it was new, people didnt know what quests to do, what BiS gear there was, what camps to farm, how to break some camps, etc, etc. We have 20 years of knowledge that makes classic pretty trivial, so hard green will not be, but it can still be fun if ppl just enjoy the ride and not expect this is to be as hard as real classic actually was, lets be real there are gonna be high levels with BiS gear in the first month maybe in week of the server til planes open up
The guy that you quoted pretty clearly has an entirely unhealthy amount of his identity wrapped up in thinking that he is an EQ master beyond all others. I feel like he unironically says "get on my level" in his own head a lot.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Even the launch of p99 was remarkable and tons of bugs which made it really feel like classic..
Old 10-13-2019, 01:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You won't be able to click levitate off for the first eight months
Should not be able to click off any buffs.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greymantle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read somewhere that Splitpaw with this client isn't a low-level dungeon is this true? I was going to start in Qeynos this time but if true will pass.
By this do you mean Splitpaw 1.0, with mobs under 20? Or Infected Paw 1.5 with mobs in the 30s? Or Infected Paw 2.0 with elemental mobs 64-70? I cannot imagine with all the emphasis on making things classic that the original would not be in place until the time that the the Splitpaw get overrun. Seems like a huge oversight if not.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By this do you mean Splitpaw 1.0, with mobs under 20? Or Infected Paw 1.5 with mobs in the 30s? Or Infected Paw 2.0 with elemental mobs 64-70? I cannot imagine with all the emphasis on making things classic that the original would not be in place until the time that the the Splitpaw get overrun. Seems like a huge oversight if not.
It's not an oversight. They'd certainly do it if they had enough information to reasonably recreate the original.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:10 AM
Fire Giant

i think once people realize how careful they have to play it it won't be as bad as they think (Bad but not terrible)

People will throw themselves at wisps forgetting they dont have magic weapons.

People will run kithicor at night thinking its fuck all and die in the middle.

People will try taking on even cons and die.

Then it will all come back to them and they will group, trade and carry on as normal.

For me i think the craziest thing will be shit like bards being paid to express train people places on /follow through the karanas etc because its still a load faster than a) waiting for one of the few druids/wizards to turn up (because bet they go ANON real quick when they get ports) b) safer than running it alone

EC tunnel is going to be glorious. I think its great on blue after seeing it on live. I almost go a lump in my throat seeing EC tunnel empty on live. LIke seeing a memorial :|
Old 10-14-2019, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calling people carebears cause they dont think like you is so grade school level but lets get to the point here, if anyone seriously thinks green is going to be hard they are kidding themselves, classic was hard cause it was new, people didnt know what quests to do, what BiS gear there was, what camps to farm, how to break some camps, etc, etc. We have 20 years of knowledge that makes classic pretty trivial, so hard green will not be, but it can still be fun if ppl just enjoy the ride and not expect this is to be as hard as real classic actually was, lets be real there are gonna be high levels with BiS gear in the first month maybe in week of the server til planes open up
Nobody is going to have "BiS gear" in a week or a month. Lol.

And you don't have the standard definition of the word "hard" if you don't think green will be hard. If it doesn't seem hard for you, it's just because you are good at it and/or play with people who are good at it. The bottom 1/2 (or more) of the bell curve of "eq playing ability" will be frustrated with the length of the grind, the difficulty of naked CRs, the challenge of playing with no twinking or high-level buffs or click clerics logged off nearby (or fucking ANY clerics who can rez AT ALL, for that matter), the push out of blue's standard leveling zones in order to find a camp, the classic-er UI and other features, etc.

Shooting three pointers is hard. Kicking 35-yard field goals is hard. Ice skating is hard. Green will be hard. Just because some folks can do these things well doesn't mean they aren't hard; it just means that those people are good at the activity. 9/10 people you walk up to on the street are probably shitty at all of these things. We are the super tiny minority of people who have still been playing (or at least are still going to play) classic eq in 2019, and a lot of us STILL die a lot, ragequit because of a CR, are afraid of playing in dungeons, play bards lazy mode, don't know a lot of specific mechanics in the game despite easy access to wikis and forum searches, etc.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

one copper
Old 10-19-2019, 04:10 PM
Kobold

consent should let you loot the other player's corpse. Disarm should place the item from a PC/NPC to your cursor. I don't have evidence just remember these things vividly
Old 10-19-2019, 04:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboshaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
consent should let you loot the other player's corpse. Disarm should place the item from a PC/NPC to your cursor. I don't have evidence just remember these things vividly
They aren't including bugs man.
Closed Thread