Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. . . Thistle Underbrush placeholder . . .
How long ago was this? Nilbog changed the PH(s?) at some point so the wiki info was all wrong--checking now--yep, still wrong.

(I ended up gathering everything from Steamfont to Lfay and AoEing it down to spawn him.)
Old 10-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The second bandit camp that you're thinking of is absolutely not safe if you are KOS to either Pixies or Faeries. For some unholy reason P1999 has incorrect mob pathing with a Thistle Underbrush placeholder wandering a wide, long, repeating path to either hill side facing the 3 spawn bandit camp as well as the center of that camp. If you are KOS to either Pixies or Faeries then eventually a Pixie trickster or a Faerie maiden will wander by, aggro you, you end up killing it, and then eventually a named Brownie spawns and wanders by to kick your ass.

Been there, got the shirt. That camp was ALWAYS safe back on old retail by sitting on the hill side facing the camp that was nearest to the zone wall, but no one can expect P1999 to be perfect.
Sounds like a bug someone should file (I know that normally evidence is required, but since there's so little evidence of pathing I think the devs might accept "memory evidence", especially when it makes perfect sense and opens up more play areas for people) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long ago was this? Nilbog changed the PH(s?) at some point so the wiki info was all wrong--checking now--yep, still wrong.

(I ended up gathering everything from Steamfont to Lfay and AoEing it down to spawn him.)
Sounds like someone (it could be you!) should edit the wiki ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like someone (it could be you!) should edit the wiki ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone already added the AoE method to the Discussion tab. Lacking the proper spawn, I would rather not delete some else's edit.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LFay is close enough to neriak. Its like 40 minutes journey including boat.
you mean 40min waiting for the boat.

was like a 1:20 ride from BB to FP. Only 1 boat runs when it should be 2
Old 10-22-2019, 05:54 PM
Kobold

WOW, thanks all for responding. I feel all warm inside. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2019, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lacking the proper spawn, I would rather not delete some else's edit.
Not to pick on you in any way, but IMHO this is 100% the wrong attitude to have about the wiki!

Look, no one wants inaccurate information: it doesn't help anyone. Even if all you do is delete inaccurate info and don't replace it with anything at all, you'll still be making the wiki better than anyone.

And if you do have info, but not all of it, say so! For one thing, I'd much rather know that, for instance, there's a placeholder for a mob, even if the wiki doesn't say what that placeholder is.

For another, if I see "we know X and Y about mob Z, but not ____" in the wiki, as soon as I figure out that "____" I'm going to edit the wiki and replace it with the right info. And lots of others are the same way.

So even when you just say "I don't know" in the wiki, you're still helping, because you're creating an invitation to have others help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://wiki.project1999.com/
This is a wiki for a reason. Anyone can contribute. If you see something that is inaccurate or can be improved, don't ask that it be fixed--just improve it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-22-2019 at 05:59 PM..
Old 10-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a bug someone should file (I know that normally evidence is required, but since there's so little evidence of pathing I think the devs might accept "memory evidence", especially when it makes perfect sense and opens up more play areas for people) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue with making a bug report and submitting memory evidence is that the project is run by volunteers and time is their most critical resource that they have available. If someone reports something as being wrong, and they go to fix it, and then have someone else contend that the fix is wrong and submits better evidence, then they just wasted time that could have been used elsewhere.

There are a number of things wrong with the server and its mobs that I noticed from having fanatically played old retail.

1) The 4 spawn bandits in Butcherblock didn't have semi roaming paths. They were static placed mobs that would link aggro if you pulled one which made them hazardous for a Magician to solo the camp without clever use of the guards, but made it easy for a level 9 bard using Lament.

2) There were 4 skeleton mobs placed equidistant in relation to the fallen cog wheel in steamfont outside of the mino cave so that a druid could shift into tree form, thorn coat themselves and pull them each one at a time to be killed without having to move if they set themselves correctly in place. I abused this spot several times as a druid. There was no melee knockback from melee hits while in tree form as well. None. I could sit and med and fight as a tree the whole time for hours.

3) The entrance hallway of the Hole that had elementals in 2 rows were set deep enough in their alcoves so that they were not in LoS of each other if you were careful in pulling from sharp frontal angles, allowing you to single pull each of them one at a time in turn without crowd control effect spells. My magician abused the hell out of them in the mid to late 40's. I actually have semi proof of this being the case.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...9&p=5#comments

Comment thread started by SOLO EXP poster, 6th from the bottom.

4) High Elf paladin guards in felwithe never, ever, ever used any spell other than a standard healing style spell at low health, and that was it. Ever. They never cast root, dispel magic, lay on hands, or anything else other than self buffs periodically. Those were the mobs I bombed with joy with my magician after I was done with the Hole.

The major issue for #3 is that P1999's custom code uses a different method of mob aggro dectection over what true Retail uses and it just might not be possible for the volunteer staff to match it with specific delicate examples, like that stacked alcove hallway. The issue for #4 is that P1999's custom code for spell tables for mobs is far more robust than what old pre Luclin EQ had available and it would be darned hard to prove what spells a mob had and then apply it to some and not others.

I have submitted bug reports before but only for really critical things, and for those things being items I know the staff could correct with minimal effort.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not to pick on you in any way . . .
Lies, you're piling on for my low-effort meme from earlier today.

Also who knows, maybe the PH is back to pre-Nilbog'd on Green. If I'm really bored tonight, maybe I'll run over to LFay and check it out.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

I encountered the issue when I first played on the server in 2013, but encountered it again back in... 2017? I think. For anyone really wanting the braided Ivy cords off of Thistle, the current correct place to nab him is by camping he pixie tower at #3 on the map and be on the sloping gully location facing the tower, with the 3 spawn bandit camp behind you in the distance. I whacked pixies there repeatedly there with my Necromancer while farming arrows for Etched Ivy Legs and made a point of killing any faerie or pixie that moved. The roaming Faerie Maiden PH for thistle always roamed by that spot and I got him to pop like 6 or 7 times while collecting the arrows.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
I encountered the issue when I first played on the server in 2013, but encountered it again back in... 2017? I think. For anyone really wanting the braided Ivy cords off of Thistle, the current correct place to nab him . . .
Ha! How odd, I did the very same with my necro and I know the spawn you mention although I wasn't bothering with that fairy at the time. How interesting; that does sound like the same pather going by the bandits, then.

Quote:
2(
I take it that treeform does get pushback on P99?
Closed Thread