Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly! There was no down side to a split, only an upside!! Makes no sense. I swear people don't think...
Server merges due to dying population never look good from an optical perspective. No need to risk that and go through the hassle of opening another server and then merging it later just because we have a temporary issue of early zones being crowded for a week or two.

People need to chill out and give it a week or two for everyone to spread out.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:30 PM
Kobold

It takes some time but eventually the tourists leave. WoW Classic opened new servers and lots of people ended up getting stranded on dead servers with the way Blizzard did that.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server merges due to dying population never look good from an optical perspective. No need to risk that and go through the hassle of opening another server and then merging it later just because we have a temporary issue of early zones being crowded for a week or two.

People need to chill out and give it a week or two for everyone to spread out.
It'll be months before the population declines and the server will lose many players forever that may have been dedicated due to the immense overpopulation.

I'll be here in two weeks to tell ya that I told ya so.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:34 PM
Kobold

If the server poll mentioned that it could be re-merged I'd have voted yes. I guess it's obvious in hindsight, but I was high on camping decayed skelingtons and bottles of kalish! You can't expect a man to perform brain functions under these circumstances!
Old 10-29-2019, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwen42 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the server poll mentioned that it could be re-merged I'd have voted yes. I guess it's obvious in hindsight, but I was high on camping decayed skelingtons and bottles of kalish! You can't expect a man to perform brain functions under these circumstances!
I hear ya. But Rogean said it specifically in his broadcast. He stated they can merge them back whenever.

Not many people read his broadcast, this was apparent by the 100 OOC comments in EC that said "NO" instead of following Rogean's direction and sending him a /tell with their answer.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:36 PM
Skeleton

Since the plan is a 3 year cycle it might be interesting to launch a new server every year or year and a half. Then have them all dump into blue and restart just like green. The launches after this one would likely be quite a bit less overcrowded and it would give new players more options for when they’d like to start on the timeline.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'll be months before the population declines and the server will lose many players forever that may have been dedicated due to the immense overpopulation.

I'll be here in two weeks to tell ya that I told ya so.
The population doesn't need to decline, people just need to get higher in level such that they keep spreading out. The more people that get into their teens and twenties the less of an issue there will be.

It's a temporary issue due to everyone being low level and packed into the newbie zones. Heck, it starts getting significantly better even from like level 6 on. I was easily able to find a group at one of the Orc camps in GFay, got into a group in CB with 20 minutes of waiting, even more easily found goblin camp and bandit camp groups in Butcherblock, and have had zero issues finding mobs to kill in EC, WC, and N Ro (have also been able to easily find groups at Orc camps or Derv camps there). This will only get better as people keep leveling up and being able to take advantage of more zones/camps/content.

It's only an issue for the first few levels in the newbie yard immediately outside your city. And with the respawn rate still higher than normal, if you have trouble finding consistent spawns while running around the newbie areas, just go sit on one spawn point and grind it up.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:37 PM
Banned

try blue today!
Old 10-29-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The population doesn't need to decline, people just need to get higher in level such that they keep spreading out. The more people that get into their teens and twenties the less of an issue there will be.

It's a temporary issue due to everyone being low level and packed into the newbie zones. Heck, it starts getting significantly better even from like level 6 on. I was easily able to find a group at one of the Orc camps in GFay, got into a group in CB with 20 minutes of waiting, even more easily found goblin camp and bandit camp groups in Butcherblock, and have had zero issues finding mobs to kill in EC, WC, and N Ro (have also been able to easily find groups at Orc camps or Derv camps there). This will only get better as people keep leveling up and being able to take advantage of more zones/camps/content.

It's only an issue for the first few levels in the newbie yard immediately outside your city. And with the respawn rate still higher than normal, if you have trouble finding consistent spawns while running around the newbie areas, just go sit on one spawn point and grind it up.
Yeah. And the two dungeons that everyone will be forced into will work out fine when the population moves to those.

Not sure if you don't know this game or if you are just trying to argue...
Old 10-29-2019, 01:39 PM
Banned

2.5k might disagree, but I get what you mean. On the other hand, I haven't gotten sucked into any modern game even remotely, which are more or less ALSO chatrooms with a game around them.
Closed Thread