Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

as an aside, I've never tested mez resist rates and charisma and honestly have no clue if they impact them here -- would love to hear if anyone has any insight on that beyond an asspulled guess!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 11-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Tldr is charisma, charisma, charisma.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tldr is charisma, charisma, charisma.
same for clerics?
Old 11-02-2019, 09:30 PM
Banned

charisma is super important, have a high elf cleric lull for you then compare it to a dwarves success rate

you'll get the picture quick
Old 11-02-2019, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
charisma is super important, have a high elf cleric lull for you then compare it to a dwarves success rate

you'll get the picture quick
starting stats though
Old 11-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

I always wondered if Atone actually has a charisma check. I know lulls do.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
same for clerics?
Nah. Charisma is great for clerics, but too situational to be the main stat like with chanters. That said, if I were playing a cleric, it'd be a high elf with 25 in wisdom and 5 in charisma (to hell with strength).
Old 11-02-2019, 10:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, as mentioned the thread on lull line and critical resist chance and charisma -- the effect was really quite large. As the thread went on I did more iterations of the test which were all very consistent.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=327383

Second, back to CHA and charm breaks, I know other posters have done REALLY GOOD, pretty much "take it to the bank" quality research over the years on CHA and charm durations, and I remeber reading them here, but I don't remeber the poster names now, or when I read them, but they're here somewhere if you're really curious and at a high level they found that CHA does in fact extend charm duration. I wanted to mention that because my testing was ok but had some flaws and is also like a zillion years old, but is posted in the thread below. It also found CHA noticably extended charm duration. It is buried inside another thread which makes it hard to find.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...9&postcount=52

Finally, for what it is worth, having done a chanter to 60 on blue and now doing another on green I dumped my points into CHA without a second thought. Especially kunark+ mana isn't really a problem for us, but lull criticals, charm breaks, etc always are. I can remember many corpse runs where I had to lull my way around 20 mobs naked and always wished I had dumped my starting points on Propo version I into CHA!
This is really good info and does indeed show that P99 is not using the regular EQEmu code here. Nice!
Old 11-03-2019, 03:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a pretty good argument in favor of charisma. Thanks!
Yup.

My enchanter always has enough mana... except when I have resists and multiple breaks. I'm regretting not making charisma primary, but at level 13 with as tough as it is to scrape up XP, I feel like it's way too late for a reroll.

C'est la vie!
Closed Thread