Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you fail spells while sinking in water then?
lag... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...and maybe slight movement along the X/Y axis as you're sinking? I'm not sure if you stop swimming if you suddenly just descend on the Z axis.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Got general idea of how the mechanics work, yea, but think I'm basing the idea that facing left and right would cancel out the push because the character is in the middle of turning as the push happens?

Kinda like if I run and stop to cast, I spin left or right a bit first before casting, which usually works so I don't get interrupts for the sudden stop plus latency.

It's most likely just pure placebo tho and makes combat slightly less monotonous. Har Har.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got general idea of how the mechanics work, yea, but think I'm basing the idea that facing left and right would cancel out the push because the character is in the middle of turning as the push happens?

Kinda like if I run and stop to cast, I spin left or right a bit first before casting, which usually works so I don't get interrupts for the sudden stop plus latency.

It's most likely just pure placebo tho and makes combat slightly less monotonous. Har Har.
Wait...maybe you're onto something. I also make a short, quick mouse turn when I stop running just before starting a spell...maybe if you get pushed, THEN do a short waggle, it forces the game to realize you're NO LONGER BEING PUSHED and gives you a better chance to channel???

Also btw I realize you're a long-time player and I hope my pedantic monologue didn't patronize you. I was thinking of the other possible readers.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

I just cast several spells while sinking downward in water.

I did give my character a couple seconds to stop X-Y motion before starting my spells, as I always have, since in water your inertia carries you forward for a couple seconds.
Closed Thread