Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 02:05 AM
Aviak

The earliest ZEM numbers acquired are just held onto here like they are holy scripture or the constitution. Supposedly, the numbers have been tinkered with. I’ve yet to see good evidence of that on blue, and green looks the same to me thus far.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

There is obviously no reason for a ZEM in guk since it has almost all of the most valuable classic world loot. Exe axe, FBSS, Manastone, SMR, Mithril 2hs.

The fact is that the vanilla world was not completed, and then kunark came out, and then velious.

One day maybe P99 will make an idealized complete vanilla server and we can all rejoice and love each and every zone and see them connect and have meaningful quests and lore.

As it is, most of them are holes in the ground with not much reason to enter unless you happen to feel like being in a cool new spot.

Highpass and Highkeep are the best grinding zones for their levels, IMO. Beautiful and profitable and convenient. Close to hobbithome. Theres a ton of other spots that people know and love.

Guk has mega loot camps that you want to be a part of and even with negative ZEM would be swarmed with people for the loots.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 11-06-2019 at 02:36 AM..
Old 11-06-2019, 03:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solb has the same zem as lower guk, but the issue with sol b is that the mobs have higher hp. But solb isn't a deserted zone, it isn't nearly as problematic as some other places. Same with sol a - sol a is fine in comparison to the worst zones.
SolB becomes a lot more popular once people start getting better geared and are able to stay ahead of respawns in spite of the higher average hp on mobs. But sadly what a lot of people have said in this thread are true. Back in classic though people didn’t really know about ZEMs and just grouped where they felt safest or could easily find groups, that’s why Aviaks, Gnoll spires, undead in Lake Rathe, Cyclopes and giant skelies in Rathe mountains, etc, were all popular spots to level back then. Only the Bravest attempted to level in dungeons because of how dangerous they were, not even realizing they were getting more xp per kill probably until around Kunark when a bit more was known about the mechanics that were going on behind the scenes.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in the day they used to rotate ZEMs, so CT had it at some point and people went there. Just not on P99 anymore
I don't think most players even knew about Zone Exp Modifiers in 99 (and well into 2000?).

I mean I was in pick up groups in Nameless in Nov/Dec 99 where getting a three-aviak spawn made us quite content (and a black pearl drop was a jackpot as we all wanted the + AGI/DEX rings and necklace!) - ah good times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I thought my monk was badass once I got two of those rings!
Old 11-06-2019, 08:37 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in the day they used to rotate ZEMs, so CT had it at some point and people went there. Just not on P99 anymore
This was long after the classical period when the old world zones were deserted, not far enough back in the day.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Kobold

Runnyeye would be a lot more popular if Borxx was taken out. Having a pathing level 33 evil eye makes the zone go from dangerous to deadly.

Imagine if Crushbone had a level 33 orc wandering around, now make the whole zone really tight hallways and a bit higher level overall and you get Runnyeye.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Fire Giant

I agree with the sentiment of your post but is it worth sitting LFG in Guk for 2 hours to no group when there is 60+ people in the zone instead of going to CT or Permafrost (85 and 90 ZEM respectively) with 0 wait time and 0 mob competition? Perhaps the threat of dying to a wizard in permafrost or a runner getting healed in CT makes it worth sitting getting 0 XP waiting for a group instead of getting "some xp and possibly death" in another zone.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The earliest ZEM numbers acquired are just held onto here like they are holy scripture or the constitution. Supposedly, the numbers have been tinkered with. I’ve yet to see good evidence of that on blue, and green looks the same to me thus far.
You can use the way they calculate experience to pretty good effect to figure out ZEM, at least figure out if the numbers are accurate. I did a test in Lake of Ill Omen (which has a XP penalty) 2 years ago on Blue on bloodgills. I did them for 2 complete levels. They range a max of 3 different levels, so was easy to use an average level. I counted how many I killed to ding and did the math of what it should have been based on ZEM and Iksar penalties, I got within 3 bloodgills. I'd say it is pretty accurate.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Any hybrid playing with this penalty is going to want to be in a ZEM zone if they can also.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

On live everyone leveled in FM OT and DL despite way worse exp in those areas. More jobs and comfort of outdoors.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread