Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 05:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what is broken about it according to you, the duration? And do you have some evidence from live that we can compare it to? I'll let you search for it since you're much more adamant.
The level of the mobs being charmed is what's broken. A single enchanter doing the same DPS as an entire raid force combined shouldn't exist. On Seal Team raids, if I'm grouped with the enchanter, we get the exp on basically every single kill. Max level on charm should be like 35. Hell, even a level 35 fully buffed pet would still be a monster but at least wouldn't be utterly game breaking. Either that or change the duration to be similar to bard charm, 20 seconds tops.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The level of the mobs being charmed is what's broken. A single enchanter doing the same DPS as an entire raid force combined shouldn't exist. On Seal Team raids, if I'm grouped with the enchanter, we get the exp on basically every single kill. Max level on charm should be like 35. Hell, even a level 35 fully buffed pet would still be a monster but at least wouldn't be utterly game breaking. Either that or change the duration to be similar to bard charm, 20 seconds tops.
I'm fine with using reasoning to decide on changes.

But this also looks classic:

Allure Single Target Random Duration Charm Spell (Level 51 Cap)

imp protector
Race: Imp
Class: Rogue
Level: 44 - 48

Capping the duration won't reduce its damage besides the time it takes to re-charm. And if its too short and inconsistent then its useless. Nerfing the maximum level isn't classic from what I see. So what do you suggest besides that? Reduce the damage for all charmed pets or just that mob?
Last edited by Hazek; 11-30-2019 at 05:34 AM..
Old 11-30-2019, 05:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congrats <Seal Team>

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A+
Old 11-30-2019, 05:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the level cap doesn't work atm, I charm red cons all the time
Old 11-30-2019, 05:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
So what do you suggest besides that?
I think "MuH FeeLz" covers it.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the level cap doesn't work atm, I charm red cons all the time
that's correct for charm, beguile and cajoling whispers in the early levels you have the spells

good luck holding red cons for more than a few seconds though
Old 11-30-2019, 06:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's correct for charm, beguile and cajoling whispers in the early levels you have the spells

good luck holding red cons for more than a few seconds though
I thought it would be obvious that was a troll.

Sorry to have confused you.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:10 PM
Kobold

bumping for visibility
Old 11-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

reposting a classic guide that includes charm, suggesting it existed and worked fine

https://web.archive.org/web/20000621...enc_ruri.shtml
Old 11-30-2019, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

We never used charms on vanilla dragons( i don't remember why frankly) on fennin but we used them a lot in to clear PoF trash. it is true though most of vanilla timeline you virtually never would see enchanters charming in groups and maintaining pets or soloing for that matter. I already mentioned why this was the case, though, but also forgot to mention the GC resetting clickables. Those were huge for chanters efficiently maintaining charms.
Closed Thread