Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 05:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Show us historical proof they were not this way and the problem will be solved. On a personal note, I hate ZEMs.
Lots of evidence collected in this thread:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...8&postcount=30
Old 12-19-2019, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious, when do you decide when you personally apply the "classic" standard to things? Because I've seen you argue in threads for non-classic stuff, but then criticize other things as non-classic. Not trying to needle you at all; honestly just curious as to what your standard is.
My standard is simple. To have the game as intended by the original EQ teams and as far away from p99 blue cheese as possible.

Essentially anything that betters the community and makes it less toxic.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious - is there documentation anywhere saying that the gobbo camp in HHK is only for a single group? If not, is there really anything preventing another group from posting up inside that area? Other than not wanting to get into it with the other group of course..
Nope a group can setup around the corner, and by the rules, they are entitled to do so. Problem is... your group will most likely be trained often. So it's just not worth it.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

It's not just HHK. Groups claim 2-4 camps in lguk. When you ask to take one of them. They spread their group out and put 1 person in each room and rest sit in middle and just pull to are in between the camps. When you mention that a group is a group. They disband and still do it citing P99 rules of a person is a group.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Banned

All camps besides a single spawn are subjective besides walls, rooms or levels that can be used as reasons to divide it. Or whoever can keep them clear.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:52 PM
Banned

Policy should just be FFA pull what you can and camps don't exist besides a single spawn or what players agree on during that time. Maximizes efficiency since the room is cleared more and if the exp isn't worth sharing then some can leave if they choose. Otherwise you'll always have disputes over who owns which part since the division is never truly objective. Even if people can agree sometimes like the entire basement being a camp.

And whoever owns the single spawn is defined by who killed it last with recordings used as proof to prevent KS, etc. So if you leave or die and someone else kills it then you lose the camp.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

HHK gobs should just be 2 camps, upstairs and downstairs. The 2 are much different levels. The high levels killing top goblins are probably getting little to no experience anyways. It’ll be a little slower but support more people and probably less green no exp mobs being wasted.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is not the ZEM of HHK, it's not the zone, it's not the group list rules, the problem is that people think that going from 30-36 in one day, skipping dozens of possible adventures along the way, is SO important that they're willing to be assholes to each other and cry when things don't go their way.
The whole going from 30 to 36 in 1 day at gob is a lie, unless you litteraly mean 24h straight, and even then it's a stretch.

Level 35 alone chain pulling takes ages, whoever tells you can to 30 to 36 in a day is false advertising.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when I did HHK back on live there was one grp that camped at stairs, one in the little room to the right of the stairs with 3-4 mobs , one in the first room on the right as you go down the 2nd set of stairs, and one in the final room at the bottom.

Craziest part about this? we were all stoked AF to camp our 3-6 mobs and nobody bitched or complained it was slow. I kinda miss this in some ways because I felt like it became more of a social exp grind instead of the 'chain pull and never stop!' mentality that p99 has.
This is how it was on my sever too. Vallon Zek, 2000.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

pvp fixes all those issues
Closed Thread