Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 05:27 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started just as the merge happened. I'd rather they stayed apart but if the goal of P1999 is to emulate the real experience of 1999-2000 EQ then having too many people is part of it. I used to play Tunare Server and 2000 people online was fairly normal. Back then if you even got into any Lguk group at all it was a great day. we'll see how this goes.
I was a Tunare guy myself. Agreed that towards the end of classic the 40-50 dungeons were tough to get groups in. It didnt seem that bad pre-planar as P99 is but that's likely cause we were all scrubs back in the day.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:18 PM
Large Bat

I think the logic is that it'll make more toxic players go away and stop playing... we dont need your complaining. Many people are having a great time here.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And your point is ...? Are you trying to argue that the P99 admins should create exactly as many servers as live had ... with like 20 people on each?

Obviously Blue/Green (and Teal /mourn) were meant to represent all non-PvP servers, and Red is meant to represent all PvP ones.
Yes I am, your words P.S. And as for "why not Red?" ... live had PvP servers and non-PvP servers. It seems the P99 folks consider it to be part of their "re-creating 1999" mission to always have a PvP server going to match the non-PvP one. But there's nothing in that "mission" that requires two classic servers. the mission in 1999 had many servers we should have has many we can

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-20-2020, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

rog is working on his groundbreaking phd in social science, and soon his name will be synonymous with freud and jung and socrates
Old 01-20-2020, 11:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Okay, well, this whole thing sucks. Now it says I can't log in on Green either because my US_Spells file isn't up to date. I was really enjoying myself. The population seemed just fine. I really don't get it and reloading EQ just seems to be too much work just to be on an over crowed server.
So, anyone having a similar problem with the us_spells file?
Old 01-21-2020, 01:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawgmouth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, well, this whole thing sucks. Now it says I can't log in on Green either because my US_Spells file isn't up to date. I was really enjoying myself. The population seemed just fine. I really don't get it and reloading EQ just seems to be too much work just to be on an over crowed server.
So, anyone having a similar problem with the us_spells file?

https://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files53.zip
Old 01-21-2020, 07:12 AM
Kobold

lol its simple really, there was never meant to be another server, never meant to be a "instance" for you to farm legacy items freely, classic eq is waiting in line for the best items so if you wanted free farming you should be paying a monthly subscription to daybreak games for retail

teal was simply a temporary congestion server, im surprised it lasted aslong as it did tbh
Old 01-21-2020, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Having more fun on P99 than I've had since green launch.

The heck is wrong with people.

Set realistic goals
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeddzul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was a Tunare guy myself. Agreed that towards the end of classic the 40-50 dungeons were tough to get groups in. It didnt seem that bad pre-planar as P99 is but that's likely cause we were all scrubs back in the day.
I was tunarian myself. I remember lguk being over camped 2-3 months before kunark. But not 10 months away. 6 months away from kunark and I had frenzy to myself almost any night i wanted during primetime.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemkemal1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People now just sitting infornt of spawns, killing 3 mobs per 18 mins.

You guys are wrong if you think you have improved our gaming experience.
Did you play EQ back in 1999? Welcome to classic my dude! 3 spawns per 18 minutes was actually quite solid back in the day lol. People used to kill like 4 an hour in the 22 minute respawn dungeons and that was considered a solid camp.

If you want to min/max your EXP per hour and do whatever you want whenever you want, you may want to try the instanced TLPs (which you mentioned in your post).
Closed Thread