Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-26-2020, 08:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Unable to launch game after latest patch

Hi everyone. I made this post on the p99 subreddit not long ago and figured I would add it here just to cover all bases:

I started playing P99 at the end of December and installed Titanium, downloaded the v52 patch, followed all instructions, and was able to play the game without problems. After downloading the v53 files, I have not been able to launch the game. Each time I try to launch Titanium, I get the following:

a window opens on the desktop that says "C:\windows\system32>start eqgame patchme" and
a pop-up over that window that says "Windows cannot find 'eqgame'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again."

For what it's worth, I was playing P99 on 1/19, the day the v53 files were released before the servers were taken down for the updates. I have also tried re-installing Titanium and re-downloading and extracting the files, but I am getting the same message.

I'm betting I'm missing a fairly obvious step here, but I can't tell what that is, so you might need to explain it to me like I'm five. Thanks in advance for your help.