Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 03:40 PM
Kobold

ive seen good wizards and bad wizards, they seem like they are not meant for the average lazy person caster that 99% of the population is, nuke once afk nuke twice fall asleep at keyboard and soak xp kind of caster player, but if a melee player who is always awake and attentive is playing a wizard then people are gonna love wizards, but that never happens

no one cares about raids sooo yea, just bring 100 whatevers and you win, the majority dont choose a class based on how it will raid but how it will be accepted into the xping game
Old 03-21-2020, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these mobs are trivial with the same amount of rogues but better. Need to get with the times.
Depends how geared the rogues are. If they are feared 60% of the time, running back 20% of the time, having the out-of-range message 10% and finally meleeing a red mob for the remaining 10%, wizards are simply more burst DPS on a low-hp raid mob.

On something like Dozekar, of course a rogue will do more damage over the fight. On mobs requiring burst DPS, I'll take a wizard over a rogue any time.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

30 wizards casting Sunstrike 8x = 387,600 dmg in 48 seconds. For a total sustained DPS (because everything is dead already anyway) of 8,705 DPS.

In such an instance you can utilize a two or three cleric CH chain and not even sweat them running out of mana before winning.

No one can beat that.

Now do the calculations for 13 wizards casting PBAoE x 39 trash mobs.

Now you may say, but Vulaak has 800,000 hp. Well 8,705÷2=4,037.5 and 800,000÷4037.5 absolutely for sure infinity DPS = 198.1424148607 Seconds until Vulaak loots. Or just about two and a half minutes, or 15 CHs maybe, I don't know jack shit about clerics. Half the wizards are medding or clicking robes at any given time while the other half are simultaneously nuking HARD. You can't know which is which until someone loots a Vulaak.

Pretty cool huh?
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-21-2020 at 09:14 PM..
Old 03-21-2020, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
30 wizards casting Sunstrike 8x = 387,600 dmg in 48 seconds. For a total sustained DPS (because everything is dead already anyway) of 8,705 DPS.

In such an instance you can utilize a two or three cleric CH chain and not even sweat them running out of mana before winning.

No one can beat that.

Now you may say, but Vulaak has 800,000 hp. Well 8,705÷2=4,037.5 and 800,000÷4037.5 absolutely for sure infinity DPS = 198.1424148607 Seconds until Vulaak loots. Or just about two and a half minutes, or 15 CHs maybe, I don't know jack shit about clerics. Half the wizards are medding or clicking robes at any given time while the other half are simultaneously nuking HARD. You can't know which is which until someone loots a Vulaak.

Pretty cool huh?
I mean think about this for a second... 8 pallies, 1 ench, 1 clickie rez, 30 wizards. U don't even really need to bother with heals. The MTs just soak the mob till it dies. Pretty quickly I may add. There's your classic 40 "man" *coughs like a karana plague victim* vlassic raid force.

And all of the above can worship Errolisi Marr. Best classes. Best diety. Gg folks, gg.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-21-2020 at 09:38 PM..
Old 03-21-2020, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends how geared the rogues are. If they are feared 60% of the time, running back 20% of the time, having the out-of-range message 10% and finally meleeing a red mob for the remaining 10%, wizards are simply more burst DPS on a low-hp raid mob.

On something like Dozekar, of course a rogue will do more damage over the fight. On mobs requiring burst DPS, I'll take a wizard over a rogue any time.
This is a discussion about killing mobs the fastest.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a discussion about killing mobs the fastest.
To be clear burst DPS is how much DPS at once a class can do. Wizards are universally 2x better at bursting than any others. Just empty head brain guessing the highest DPS a rogue can hypothetically maybe put out is like 20-40 damage a second. At best. Maybe 50 with buffs and the perfect raid positioning.

Where'as wizards, for like a minute or two sustain hundreds of damage per second. Like 1615/6, or 269.1666666667 DPS for 48+ seconds. Otherwise with clickies n stuff wizards are limited to 20-80 dps mana free. Also all wizards needs to do for this is basically hit 1 single button. It does not matter where they are standing or what the mob is doing 97% percent of the time.

As I see it.

Wizards are hands down the best DPS in game.

As I previously illustrated wizards are a force multiplier. More wizards = more DPS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~30 wizards casting Sunstrike 8x = 387,600 dmg in 48 seconds. For a total sustained DPS (because everything is dead already anyway) of 8,705 DPS.

No one can beat that.

Pretty cool huh?

I mean think about this for a second... 8 pallies, 1 ench, 1 clickie rez, 30 wizards. U don't even really need to bother with heals. The MTs just soak the mob till it dies. Pretty quickly I may add. There's your classic 40 "man" *coughs like a karana plague victim* vlassic raid force.

And all of the above can worship Errolisi Marr. Best classes. Best diety. Gg folks, gg.~~~~~~~~~~~~

269.1666666667x30=8,075.000000001

Rogues cannot and will not ever be able to achieve these numbers on P99 servers.

In other words, it'd take 30 rogues 17 minutes to kill Vulaak vs my 30 wizards two minutes. By which time either way all 30 rogues are guaranteed BBQ deep fried extra crispy & doing zero DPS anymore.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-21-2020 at 11:12 PM..
Old 03-21-2020, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Further more, like, 20 wizards can rend Lady Vox within 18.9 seconds.

Conversely it'd take 20 rogues more than 2.6~ minutes to stab her to death. She would likely devour them all within 30 seconds.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because Kunark mobs = 32k max HP and often impractical to fight for a long time - Trak, VS, Gore, Hoshkar...

It's always nice to burn these guys down ASAP, and this is exactly where Wizards shine.
This. Wizards are around, they just hide out until kunark . Believe me lol.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Further more, like, 20 wizards can rend Lady Vox within 18.9 seconds.
You're entirely ignoring the resists of boss mobs. If you want to do those calculations you need to do them with lures and dragon/giant bane, which don't even exist on green.

No one is landing rend or ice comet on vox.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're entirely ignoring the resists of boss mobs. If you want to do those calculations you need to do them with lures and dragon/giant bane, which don't even exist on green.

No one is landing rend or ice comet on vox.
This, but also people forget rogues can evade, your dps is limited to how much aggro your tank have, while rogue can mostly do their max dps no matter what.
Closed Thread