Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to get back to playing EQ for pixels to knock out the top guys and get them. Or log in at an odd hour, which you are not going to get 'lucky' with the manastone camp because it was setup to give you guys a fair chance.
So what's the best time of day to join a week-long list? Or should I just keep training everyone on the list until I'm first (which is what your first suggestion sounds like)?

But most importantly of all ... when do you start hating Classic EverQuest? (And yes Castle, I know the logical fallacy there, but I think the rhetorical point makes up for it.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what's the best time of day to join a week-long list? Or should I just keep training everyone on the list until I'm first (which is what your first suggestion sounds like)?
None, motherfuckers. You got a list because you wanted it to be fair. Now, the fairness is your dumb asses waiting a week to get it. But at least you know you will, unlike a power guild camping the spot and holding it for all loots for who knows how long.

There is no wit, no guile or intrigue. Take your ticket and sit at the digital elf DMV.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Like I said, I think /list 1.0 is a vastly superior solution to /list version 0.0 (ie. having TMO block anyone else out of getting a manastone). /list 1.0 is not bad ... but that doesn't mean a 2.0 can't be better.

However, you seem to be trying to trash that system, and at the same time trashing me for wanting to make it better. That seem incongruous.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:55 PM
Kobold

I'm in the same boat as the OP as I stated on another thread. I'm not upset about it, it's just the way things are and the way they played out. I wish I was at home getting paid like some but I'm also happy I'm getting paid where some aren't, but you have to suck it up. It's our job. It's what we chose to do professionally. I take pride in what I do and I am glad I am considered an essential business and get to stay open providing services to the public.

Do the circumstances suck for some of us in regards to P99? Yes, but they are good for a lot of people who are getting these items that normally wouldn't have.

I'm also glad that when I log in the server is full and groups are going everywhere, people are running through every zone, it's like it was back when it launched in 99. You know it's populated when you can't even find some guards to kill.

I'm not really sure what you plan to accomplish with this post if it isn't wanting to be compensated for something. You are wanting these items without putting in the time to get them? Do you want people to know your plight? Do you want something to change? You said no to all of these so what is the angle exactly? What do you expect the people on the server to do? More so what do you expect the developers and people in charge to do?
Old 04-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not really sure what you plan to accomplish with this post if it isn't wanting to be compensated for something. You are wanting these items without putting in the time to get them? Do you want people to know your plight? Do you want something to change? You said no to all of these so what is the angle exactly? What do you expect the people on the server to do? More so what do you expect the developers and people in charge to do?
Old 04-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not really sure what you plan to accomplish with this post if it isn't wanting to be compensated for something. You are wanting these items without putting in the time to get them?
You people are arguing with the voices in your head: you just could not have read this thread, and put any effort whatsoever into understanding it ... and written that post.. So it seems silly for me to write more when what I already wrote isn't being read ...

...but just to be 100% clear there was NOTHING WHATSOEVER about anyone being "compensated" for ANYTHING in any of the past eight pages of conversation (not by me, and not even by anyone else that I can remember). I also never said a single thing about giving anyone items without putting time in.

In fact, I'm arguing for the exact opposite: I want people to "put the time time in" ... playing the game of EverQuest. As I've said, that amounts to having patience and luck (for the most part EQ is not a skill-based game, like say Counter Strike). Playing EQ is how people earned their pixels in 1999, and that's how they should earn them here ... but the current system instead gives them to those who play non-EQ "games" (like not sleeping for a week or trading accounts, so you can click boxes all day). 99% of the server doesn't want to or can't "play" those games, but from the reactions you'd think that was a radical idea to suggest that's not EverQuest.

Last edited by loramin; 04-07-2020 at 05:27 PM..
Old 04-07-2020, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like every solution you're coming up with, Loramin, tends to devolve in the long run to being a sort of WoW daily quest situation. Anyone can have the item on a long enough timeline, but the most hardcore will get it done faster/more efficiently. And that's simply not Everquest-y to many of us.

There are a ton of unfair things about EQ in the past and the present. There are myriad unhealthy behaviors associated with this game's timesinks. That's very classic and very EQ to me. Some people simply never got some items if they couldn't sink the time, or at best got them after Luclin+ trivialized the old content. Everyone has a fair shot, but it depends on how much RL you are willing to sacrifice to get it.

I do like ideas like using cumulative time on the list instead of requiring 70+ hours logged in, I get that this leads to toxic behavior like account sharing or dangerous sleep deprivation. I get it, legacies are limited time and we don't want people monopolizing. That still doesn't mean it has to be FAIR, like leveling the playing field for joe casual two hours a week fair, you can go too far.
Last edited by Fammaden; 04-07-2020 at 05:30 PM..
Old 04-07-2020, 05:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I made sure to mention that OP said he didn't post this FOR THESE REASONS lol so I'm curious as to why even post it. I'm genuinely curious. My post was to him and his initial post. Had nothing to do with what you said at any time in this thread.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:27 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2020, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like every solution you're coming up with, Loramin, tends to devolve in the long run to being a sort of WoW daily quest situation. Anyone can have the item on a long enough timeline, but the most hardcore will get it done faster/more efficiently. And that's simply not Everquest-y to many of us.

There are a ton of unfair things about EQ in the past and the present. There are myriad unhealthy behaviors associated with this game's timesinks. That's very classic and very EQ to me.
Fan I really feel like you're trying harder than anyone here to actually read what I write and respond to that, and I appreciate it.

Also I'm very open to the idea that making non-EQ changes to try and fix EQ can make it worse ... in fact that's kind of a key part my central thesis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Although again, /list 1.0 is MUCH, MUCH better than /list 0.0: P99 is absolutely getting better over time!)

But I honestly don't get your argument. You truly feel clicking boxes all day and not sleeping for a week, or trading accounts to do so, is MORE like classic EQ than a random chance (where the people with more time get more chances)?

Closed Thread