Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Default The blasphemous thread

In this thread...

Discuss anything you thought was a positive change that was introduced the day Luclin launched or after.

I was going to say surefall port, but I guess that came out about a month before Luclin.

EDIT: this is not a request for non-classic changes to be put in game.
Last edited by Taminy; 03-16-2010 at 08:24 PM..
Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Kobold

Can we just say that we like Classic, Kunark and Velious and just leave it at that? Other than PoP raid quest advancement... it all sucked! haha kidding
Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

I loved LDON and wish it came out after velious so the server would go to LDoN and then stop there.

LDoN was fun for me and my RL buddies, I got to stop caring about the server for a bit.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Aviak

guild window
raid window
Old 03-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Most of the encounters in Luclin I liked. I liked the Shissar & the 2 Combine factions, The Grimlings, the red dudes, and Griegs End. The Deep was interesting, the Thought Horrors should have been expounded upon.

VT COULD have been cool, but it was just too damn long/large.

Anything not mentioned here I hated, other than UI improvements.

Luclin itemization is the last expansion where it was not absolutely retarded and still contained the 125hp/mana cap. After that, when that cap was breached it got WAY out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Banned

Flagging

It was awesome to be the only guild in EP and slaughter RZ and Sol Ro to cock block other guilds from entrance so you could take your time and farm the zone to piss
Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

I actually thought that LoY was a nice little expansion.

Yes, it brought some mechanical stuff that was terrible, like the map overlay functionality. And the lizard mounts were goofy. And the charm slot was unnecessary.

Come to think of it, most of LoY sucked, but I liked the zones and mobs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Aviak

Alternate Advancement was the best addition to EQ in any expansion. It extended your main's life well past the level cap beyond logging in to raid and made camping items for hours on end sightly less painful, assuming it was a high level camp of course.

Aside from that, I enjoyed every expansion I played until I quit well into Gates of Discord.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

SoL: The only thing wrong with the expansion were the horses, the models, and the bazaar. I'd keep everything else, honestly. Even the Nexus wasn't so bad. Acted as a decent way to get between the continents, but it hardly Elimintated the need for druids/wizard. Could have used some more interesting dungeons for people to kill in, however. Seemed like they were all deserted.

PoP: Take out Tranquility, Knowledge, and Spirit Healers. Everything else was great.

LoY: I don't really care for this expansion. Playable frogloks is cool I guess. Armor dyes ruined the game.

LDoN: Seem to remember some convoluted system where you could buy loot after so many times through a dungeon. Pretty lame. I'd prefer sweet drops. Otherwise a decent expansion, got ya going back to some old zones again.

GoD: Great expansion that too few ever saw. Had the very best raids I was ever a part of in EQ; and I did everything up until GoD. Really like this expansion, however the mobs/zones were sorta dreary. Also, I honestly don't remember alot of content for a non-time equipped guild (although, the content for a time equipped guild was quite terrific.)
Old 03-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I honestly don't remember alot of content for a non-time equipped guild (although, the content for a time equipped guild was quite terrific.)
There was none. Maybe tipt/vxed if you had a decent chanter. Weapon Master with EP gear I guess.
Closed Thread