Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-16-2020, 08:42 AM
Aviak

This is the first time I have heard of a Malise issue. But yeah, it doesn't work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Weird.

I will look into it.

I finally have time and have been working on the the dev branch. Hopefully when I create a new release, pyInstaller will have sorted out some of their false positive detections.

If you have issues, feel free to submit them via https://github.com/nomns/nparse/issues
Last edited by Mirox; 04-16-2020 at 08:44 AM..
Old 04-16-2020, 10:50 AM
Large Bat

It's a great program and really appreciated on a laptop. I was wondering if there was any way to have it retain level setting for each character? So you don't have to manually set the spell window with each alt.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by damianicus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a great program and really appreciated on a laptop. I was wondering if there was any way to have it retain level setting for each character? So you don't have to manually set the spell window with each alt.
It is not currently set up to remember which character you are on (it does know which log it is reading, which is how I will do this in the future), but this is not a difficult task to do on my end. I have other base features that need to be completed before I am able to do other things like this (my ever-growing list of things to do).
Last edited by Mirox; 04-16-2020 at 06:26 PM..
Old 04-16-2020, 07:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doujou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love me some nParse! Hoping it'll get updated at some point with more spells (like epic clicks) and buffs, and also some added maps that are still missing.
What maps are missing?
Old 04-16-2020, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

I know there's been a few zones that never pull up when I zone into them but now I'm questioning myself which ones after pulling up the map file in nParse and seeing the ones I thought were missing, are there. Maybe there's an issue with them so they don't load.

I'll do some checking this week to see which ones this happens to. If anyone else has run into this, feel free to post as well.

I do know that when I log from one toon to another, sometimes the map doesn't load on the new toon and keeps up the map from the other. Not sure if this is just something that will happen sometimes or if it can be fixed / manual way to trigger current map.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great program, I am having issues Malise. They don't show up? The mob name shows up as if it has been affected by the spell but the Malise timer and graphic doesn't show.

Does anyone else have that issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoswizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I'm having the same issue with Malaisement, the lvl 34 shaman spell of the same line. Never bothered me much when soloing since it lasts so long, but it would be nice to see the timer when debuffing an enchanter's charmed pet.
I will fix this issue in my dev branch, but you can fix it locally yourself if you want! For some reason both malise and malisement have a max duration of 0 in spells_us.txt (this is the file I build the spell database from). Every spell has a secondary location which you can toggle the usage of within your nparse.config.json file.

The secondary max duration is 140 (ticks, minutes = ticks/10) which is 14 minutes @ level 65 -- exactly what the Wiki says.

Goto the section for spells and make your "use_secondary" section like this to fix the issue:

nparse.config.json
Code:
    "spells": {
        stuff
        "use_casting_window": true,
        "use_secondary": [
            "levitate",
            "malise",
            "malisement"
        ],
        "use_secondary_all": false,
        stuff
Old 04-16-2020, 08:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doujou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know there's been a few zones that never pull up when I zone into them but now I'm questioning myself which ones after pulling up the map file in nParse and seeing the ones I thought were missing, are there. Maybe there's an issue with them so they don't load.

I'll do some checking this week to see which ones this happens to. If anyone else has run into this, feel free to post as well.

I do know that when I log from one toon to another, sometimes the map doesn't load on the new toon and keeps up the map from the other. Not sure if this is just something that will happen sometimes or if it can be fixed / manual way to trigger current map.
Ok cool. Let me know! Thanks for the help.

I know there is a Runnyeye issue at the moment. This can be fixed by changing a line in nparse\data\maps\map_keys.ini. You will want to change the line for runnyeye (line 38 in my file) to be:

Code:
runnyeye citadel = runnyeye
You can also manually load Runnyeye by right-clicking on the map, selecting load map, and then finding liberated citadel of runnyeye. For some reason, when I grabbed a list of zone names to map names from the internet, that was what they said it reported when you zoned into Runnyeye.

The map loading issue is because the log reader detects the change to a file and then starts watching that file. That delay misses the "You have entered.." line. This is on a list of things to fix.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:01 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will fix this issue in my dev branch, but you can fix it locally yourself if you want! For some reason both malise and malisement have a max duration of 0 in spells_us.txt (this is the file I build the spell database from). Every spell has a secondary location which you can toggle the usage of within your nparse.config.json file.

The secondary max duration is 140 (ticks, minutes = ticks/10) which is 14 minutes @ level 65 -- exactly what the Wiki says.

Goto the section for spells and make your "use_secondary" section like this to fix the issue:

nparse.config.json
Code:
    "spells": {
        stuff
        "use_casting_window": true,
        "use_secondary": [
            "levitate",
            "malise",
            "malisement"
        ],
        "use_secondary_all": false,
        stuff
Whenever I try to overwrite this file. It doesn't let me it will always revert to Levitate only. I can add Custom Spells in there and they stick like Guise of the Deceiver (Can you add this into your build?) but trying to add Malise and Malisement doesn't work if I edit the file.

P.S I even checked that I had editing rights and still it lets me save, I reopen the config and its there, I cast the spell to test it and it reverts.
Last edited by Pengting; 04-21-2020 at 10:06 AM..
Old 04-21-2020, 06:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whenever I try to overwrite this file. It doesn't let me it will always revert to Levitate only. I can add Custom Spells in there and they stick like Guise of the Deceiver (Can you add this into your build?) but trying to add Malise and Malisement doesn't work if I edit the file.

P.S I even checked that I had editing rights and still it lets me save, I reopen the config and its there, I cast the spell to test it and it reverts.
Yeah, my apologies. I spoke too quickly. I didn't realize how I hardcoded some options that were planned to be used in the future like this section we are talking about. Unfortunately, it overrides it if it doesn't exactly match ["levitate"].

This has been fixed in the dev branch to include the two additional malo spells and it will now only make sure it contains the hardcoded items, and will let you add things.

I am working hard on getting a release pushed out from the dev branch. I am about 70% or so of the way to a release. I need to finalize custom Triggers and polish some stuff up.

The only thing that is auto parsed are spells that use the line You begin casting such and such and only if they are found in spells_us.txt. Clickies normally don't work like that, so I am making a custom trigger system. In your version (0.5.1 probably?) you should be able to add rudimentary custom triggers via Settings -> Spells -> General -> Custom Timers - Edit.
Last edited by Mirox; 04-21-2020 at 07:03 PM..
Old 04-22-2020, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Absolutely love nparse, keep up the good work!

I just hit level 46 and I noticed that the right clicks on http://wiki.project1999.com/Elder_Spiritists_Gauntlets and http://wiki.project1999.com/Elder_Sp...%27s_Vambraces don't put up timers and was wondering if I'm just doing something wrong. I realize as I'm typing this that I may be able to set up a custom timer for it but I'm at work so I can't test and I'll forget if I don't mention it now!

Anyways, like I said, good work! Really like the app!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>