Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Left all that for the slowest ass-leveling class in the game, wiz. At least it seems that way!
Naw

Wizard levels quite a bit faster than a bunch of other classes, particularly if you're a baller and know all the best quad spots 24+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Kobold

I haven't logged in for about a month. If this was a poll, I would tick the "raid scene is retarded" option.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkskog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't logged in for about a month. If this was a poll, I would tick the "raid scene is retarded" option.
Hmmm...good idea...
Old 06-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which came first, VP or epics?
VP by a significant margin, but it's important to point out that they're not holding on to VP or the hole to try and fit them in an abstract timeline. They released kunark without them ready so people could enjoy kunark and VP being in plays no part in that for 95% of the server.

VP was revamped on live, so bringing it back to classic VP undoubtedly took some time. As I understand it, VP was nilbog's baby and he was hit really hard. For the server's sake I hope the Devs were working harder on the hole and epic than VP because those will keep far more people playing than opening VP.

I assume Trak's spawn time being fixed means VP is pretty close though...weeeee!
Last edited by Shiftin; 06-13-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Old 06-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Kobold

People in classic EQ were fairly imbalanced. People on this server are psychotic. Camps will stay squatted on for weeks, dungeon keys have 24 hour waiting lines, etc. I was really excited about camping a fungi tunic when the server first opened up, but now I know I won't even have the fortitude to wait out the CAMP, much less the spawn. I think plenty of people, myself included, have just decided to wait until the poopsockers have found a shiny ball of yarn to play with so that everyone else can use the server for a few months before Velious.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayleo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People in classic EQ were fairly imbalanced. People on this server are psychotic. Camps will stay squatted on for weeks, dungeon keys have 24 hour waiting lines, etc. I was really excited about camping a fungi tunic when the server first opened up, but now I know I won't even have the fortitude to wait out the CAMP, much less the spawn. I think plenty of people, myself included, have just decided to wait until the poopsockers have found a shiny ball of yarn to play with so that everyone else can use the server for a few months before Velious.
I've run by the fungi camp twice in the last few days uncamped.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Some of the problem might be from player perceptions. I started a druid, and then levelled a mage once the druid got to 50 before Kunark was launched.

My druid had certain abilities that I had grown used to upon making the character, and that became my baseline. Since that time, the following things have occurred: DS times got reduced. Dots stopped stacking. Dot effectiveness dropped 33% if mobs are moving. Snare and root no longer stack. The only thing that was added was charm no longer checks against charisma. Now if only there were more animals...

For mages, first innate Dual Wield was removed unless you hand it 2 weapons, and now pet damage is nerfed.

I suspect other classes may have similar gripes.

Sure, now those 2 particular classes are more like classic. And I suppose if I started playing today, I wouldn't know the difference. But the reality was that I was enjoying playing 2 classes, and through various patches they became less fun. I suspect the disappointment over what peoples characters can no longer do has had an impact on people's eagerness to log on.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't put anything about nerfs or changes in the poll choices because if your class was nerfed or changed in some way, it was because the development team deemed it neccessary to do so in order to keep the game as close to classic as possible.

If you joined up for the classic experience and then you quit because you got the classic experience, then I don't know what to tell ya.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw

Wizard levels quite a bit faster than a bunch of other classes, particularly if you're a baller and know all the best quad spots 24+.
When I played back in '99, I did quite a bit of quadding with BoF. Now, I'm purposefully taking it a bit slow and doing lots of groups. I'm very social, plus I roleplay alot, and grouping is just way more fun! Being back in Guk in the 20's is the best.

I don't know the post-50 game because I left too early, so maybe my tune will change with that grind. What goes around, comes around is my motto. And in game I'll give the shirt off my back to someone in need. I don't even expect anything in return, but almost everyone I've met in game has been hands-down awesome. In the forums, people think I'm harsh, but in game it's all good.

Xaxian
Old 06-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

The argument against "MY CLASS GOT NERFED [to classic]" is that all of the reasons for change are due to research. All that research has been posted in the bugs forum. All that research is available to anybody. All that available research can lead you to understand what class you should be playing, not what you are playing.

Look at Fippy: SK Harmtouch was WAY too good, Monk h2h damage was post-velious damage tables upon server START, pets were even more powerful than here, post-Ykesha drops were available in classic zones, augments are available for weapons.... the players there don't even have to suffer the concept of "classic accuracy." While some of the changes seem a bit ostensibly done in the name of classic everquest, we all should come to know what to expect (DoT changes, Snare/Root, Mage Pets needing weapons to duel wield, etc).

Death said it very well, too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't put anything about nerfs or changes in the poll choices because if your class was nerfed or changed in some way, it was because the development team deemed it neccessary to do so in order to keep the game as close to classic as possible.

If you joined up for the classic experience and then you quit because you got the classic experience, then I don't know what to tell ya.

If people quit because of the game operating like it should, welp.
Last edited by Aadill; 06-13-2011 at 12:57 PM..
Closed Thread