Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd suggest making an alt until they fix pets. Trust me, a necro pet should never die against a dark blue with a full load out of druid buffs = / 8, 8, 14, 8
lvl 34 necro pet
<3
Couldn't agree more, pets were great back in Classic (that's partially what made Necro's and Mage's so fun to play) Right now levelling my main is slowing down to a halt with this change.

Then again I suppose I could always make an Enchanter and work on getting my own stein of moggok (i'm newish to the server, so not filthy rich to twink out any toons, lol)

But seriously, at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if pets started reverse lifetapping and healing the mob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't agree more, pets were great back in Classic (that's partially what made Necro's and Mage's so fun to play) Right now levelling my main is slowing down to a halt with this change.

Then again I suppose I could always make an Enchanter and work on getting my own stein of moggok (i'm newish to the server, so not filthy rich to twink out any toons, lol)

But seriously, at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if pets started reverse lifetapping and healing the mob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, so far it's pretty damn ridiculous. Necro pet shouldnt need to be healed for 700hp when vs a blue. Think I may just switch to spending time with my gf instead of playing lol
Last edited by fishingme; 06-17-2011 at 03:07 PM..
Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

Just wanted to add as well that hopefully pets are fixed soon, because at the moment they are definitely limiting the abilities of these classes.

http://s827.photobucket.com/albums/z...rtstarepet.jpg

I could post many more screenshots that are exactly the same as this one. (Hell this one went much longer, I couldn't stretch the screen that far.)
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, so far it's pretty damn ridiculous. Necro pet shouldnt need to be healed for 700hp when vs a blue. Think I may just switch to spending time with my gf instead of playing lol
Well to be more practical, you could always just get her to level up a new toon for you on your account :P Nothing says "bonding" like the mutual hatred of Corpse Runs and De-levelling.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well to be more practical, you could always just get her to level up a new toon for you on your account :P Nothing says "bonding" like the mutual hatred of Corpse Runs and De-levelling.
Or ya know, there could be less drastic changes. For example instead of say, nerfing damage of pets by 40%, you could nerf the damage by 20% and see if that's better. A lot easier on the population than saying "hey, imma steal all your fucking candy, son" It's "hey, Imma steal a quarter of yo candy, now go make me a sammich"
Old 06-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to add as well that hopefully pets are fixed soon, because at the moment they are definitely limiting the abilities of these classes.

I could post many more screenshots that are exactly the same as this one. (Hell this one went much longer, I couldn't stretch the screen that far.)
Wow dude, you're a darkelf and a necro, you're even more fucked than the rest of us
Old 06-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FD mob memory isn't clearing... We had someone FD after aggroing three mobs went AFK for 2 hours came back and the mobs came running at them.

I played a classic monk up until OOW era. I remember during velious/luclin that upon FD and standing back up the mobs would still be aggrod on you. It took a few attempts at FD until they were mem wiped OR they reset to their static (or original roaming path) spawn spot.

Only reason this was worth remembering was that I led quite a few PUG kael raids and I used to split the protectors of Zek (3 static spawns side by side) using this knowledge.

I have a 51 monk on this server but stopped playing once I felt that this FD "nerf" was coming up. I'll start him back up again once the bugs are worked out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Or ya know, there could be less drastic changes. For example instead of say, nerfing damage of pets by 40%, you could nerf the damage by 20% and see if that's better. A lot easier on the population than saying "hey, imma steal all your fucking candy, son" It's "hey, Imma steal a quarter of yo candy, now go make me a sammich"
but.......but I want all my candy.......why can't I have it all back? Or least give back the good candy, you can keep the shitty ones....
Old 06-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Had you posted this image before the changes, i'd give you mad props for soloing so well with your lvl4 pet.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Aviak

My 44 mage didn't get too hurt from the pet nerf, fire pet's DS is still awesomely powerful, and even though he hits for the low end of melee quite often, he still gets quite a lot of high hits too. Either way, I can see how this would hurt necros more than mages as their pets melee damage is much more important.

Regardless, Kanras admitted pets are hitting on the low end of the scale too often right now, and that this will be fixed when they have the fix and patch ready, so that is good news.

Also, I totally understand that the dev's on this server don't have the resources to test changes super thoroughly in their quest to replicate classic (Free Server so we should be thankful they do what they do at all), so sometimes changes can have unintended consequences. It's not like they had much help with testing on the kunark beta server when they tried that method out, so don't blame them for when things go wrong, they are doing their best given what they have to work with (and trust me, programming is very challenging on something this complicated).

I applaud the P99 devs and even if a class gets hit a little hard sometimes, they fix it when they can and try their best, which frankly is more than what you get from most of the current major mmo's that are not free.
Closed Thread