Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: I am Joe Biden's Brain.
Still good. 19 23.75%
Barely functional! 8 10.00%
Hanging on for dear life!! 9 11.25%
Corn Pop was a lying dog faced pony soldier, fat. 34 42.50%
Joe Biden was on Flight 77. 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

I had a dream last night that biden was funny and cool. That would be a much better storyline imo
Old 08-06-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

excited for President Hindenburg
Old 08-06-2020, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will not be voting this year but I think they will have me vote by mail.
This is very cute !

Also lol at anything bellamy types in a ramble of drug induced gaming binges
Old 08-06-2020, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is every thread in this forum ruined by libtards and poor people trying to act like they have money?
Somehow you managed to summarize literally every person in America, that's impressive.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will not be voting this year but I think they will have me vote by mail.
Higher than 40% chance for me.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
There are many things I detest about the Democratic party, but its reliance on racial minorities probably bothers me the most. I wish they'd find a way to appeal to middle class suburban whites.
Stopped reading the thread and felt compelled to reply when I saw this. I'm pretty sure that "appealing to middle class suburban whites" is literally all that the U.S. has done since the beginning. Well, we didn't always have suburbs, but hopefully you get my point.

As a middle class suburban white guy, I'm pretty sure I can handle letting literally anyone else speak up for and get what they want for once. If appealing to minorities and at least making an attempt to normalize equality is something that turns off white voters, that says more about them than it does about any Democratic candidate or platform.
Last edited by beh; 08-07-2020 at 10:06 AM..
Old 08-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that "appealing to middle class suburban whites" is literally all that the U.S. has done since the beginning.
America didn't have a solid middle class until post-WW2 so this statement is false. Most people were broke in America for a long time, just like most countries.

One time I heard "white people perform better on the SAT because the way our founding fathers built this country and excluded others."

My response: "Our founding fathers were Asian immigrants and mostly female? Because those people are CRUSHING the SAT."
Old 08-07-2020, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Biden is gross but black centrists are probably primarily what secured him the vote.

If they're happy with the status quo. I can respect their voice.

We probably won't descend into communistic fascism prior to two terms of republicans, and it will be a knee-jerk response to some existential crisis on the level of exploding buildings.

That said I think Gabbard, Warren would have been fun presidents.

Would have loved Army chick president the most personally.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stopped reading the thread and felt compelled to reply when I saw this. I'm pretty sure that "appealing to middle class suburban whites" is literally all that the U.S. has done since the beginning. Well, we didn't always have suburbs, but hopefully you get my point.

As a middle class suburban white guy, I'm pretty sure I can handle letting literally anyone else speak up for and get what they want for once. If appealing to minorities and at least making an attempt to normalize equality is something that turns off white voters, that says more about them than it does about any Democratic candidate or platform.
Oh good you went to public school
Old 08-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
America didn't have a solid middle class until post-WW2 so this statement is false. Most people were broke in America for a long time, just like most countries.

One time I heard "white people perform better on the SAT because the way our founding fathers built this country and excluded others."

My response: "Our founding fathers were Asian immigrants and mostly female? Because those people are CRUSHING the SAT."
Yeah, I understand that an actual "middle-class" did not evolve until the mid 20th century. I was making a point within the context of the quote. I'm fairly sure my point is an obvious one and if you're going to argue that black people haven't been and aren't still being systemically disenfranchised, then this thread probably isn't the place to unpack that delusional attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand
Oh good you went to public school
Care to elaborate on that?
Closed Thread