Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 10:11 AM
Aviak

You have a problem with guilds who expect you to pay attention when raiding? lol
Old 08-17-2020, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman_so_fresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive had a wonderful raiding career in AG, and I do like raiding. I think you missed the point. I don't want to buy dual 30in monitors, buy a 20-button gaming mouse, Mount my eq folder on a ram disk, and use a 2nd computer to view a screen share. I want to show up, get buffed, fart around until it's go time, kill, then head off to enjoy other parts of the game.
Not sure I understand here. I have none of the above and do just fine raiding with AG at at 40% attendance rate.

I can certainly understand raid leaders getting mad when you're not in discord, creating wipes and slowing the team down. TOV is the most competitive spot in this game yet you don't want to do any of that? Then don't join the TOV raids? The other stuff is pretty simple and laid back (e.g. hate, fear, sky, kael, etc.).

I don't like you throwing salt on the guild when you're not willing to contribute in a positive way and rage quit when you're the weak link. For me personally I don't play EQ at all when I'm with my family during our key time together. I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, wonderful wife and demanding job aside from playing this great past time. This for me means I don't play on weekends until everyone is asleep or in off hours in-between some work stuff here and there (#workingfromhome).

I know that I cannot give full attention and guarantee that I can be relied on for my key tasks otherwise(e.g. CH Chain, Slow team, Torp, etc.). I can only speak for myself but this works for me. I have that amount of respect for my peers, you should too.
Last edited by supercalif; 08-17-2020 at 12:58 PM..
Old 08-17-2020, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Join AG now and you can play with OP. This is the best Recruitment thread for AG.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

Jazzman,

Highly recommend Dawn Believers for some casual raiding fun.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman_so_fresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive had a wonderful raiding career in AG, and I do like raiding. I think you missed the point. I don't want to buy dual 30in monitors, buy a 20-button gaming mouse, Mount my eq folder on a ram disk, and use a 2nd computer to view a screen share. I want to show up, get buffed, fart around until it's go time, kill, then head off to enjoy other parts of the game.
You aren't in the wrong guild, you're maining the wrong class. Its possible to be more laid back (warmbody) and still raid on P99, but the days of the stereotypical turn-on-mana-song-and-afk bard are long gone and you know it.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:21 PM
Skeleton

Quote:

You're overselling how hard this is. 2 monitors & decent gaming machine is all that's needed.

You don't need a second machine for a screenshare.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:59 PM
Kobold

So I guess it shows wisdom to change your opinion when faced with new facts.

I won't do NTOV unless I'm willing to have 100% focus. This means that the guild might have slightly less kill power, especially after an eq, and we might lose a target.

This isn't a hate on AG. There are 30-some characteristics that make up a guild, and one is a sore spot for me. Obviously it's not for 200 other Blue players.

I'll just concede and let the peeps who want to work hard for their loot do their thing.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Wiping on a raid is important...

If your guild has little experience recovering from a wipe, their recovery time will be very slow vs another guild who has experience recovering from a wipe.

I would even go so far as to say a proper raid guild should practice wiping when targets aren't in window so people know what to do and how to recover properly.

When targets aren't in window, Plane of Fear is a fantastic place to practice,.. Kiting, pulling, tagging, wiping, AEing, CH chain, tank swapping, the list goes on.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:11 PM
Kobold

Always wipe during raids...idc what your guild expects! if you don’t wipe with the sock you pooped in, you might get an infection. gross!!
Old 08-17-2020, 10:26 PM
Server GM

moved to RNF.
Closed Thread