Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 03:06 PM
Banned

i could see a new mmo developed in a way that quests are unique to your character, so that you wont be able to look it up online and have to figure it out on your own.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feracitus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i could see a new mmo developed in a way that quests are unique to your character, so that you wont be able to look it up online and have to figure it out on your own.
Yeah that's another part of randomization, although in terms of quest lines I'm sure a website could eventually list all of the different possible prompts. Still, it would at least require a different path to be taken for every quest, and with NPC's and item drops being randomized, that requires people to actually play through the whole content of an area, instead of just going and camping a single NPC in each zone.
Last edited by Zuranthium; 08-30-2020 at 03:41 PM..
Old 08-30-2020, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it would add to the classic experience to remove the wiki.
One of the most stupid suggestions I have heard. So you are a member from Jun 2010, you are playing for over decade, you of course don't need Wiki, since you don't need it any more, lets just remove it for new players. Genius!

To force in game immersion on players. Where are coming all these people lately, (talking RL here also) keep trying to force something on someones.

What about a CHOICE? Someone, who wants better immersion, can ignore Wiki and online resources.

Someone, who would like to get some help, lets that player use Wiki. (like you probably did it in your first years)
I wonder, how many new players would give up without Wiki help. How would this help P99 community?

Choice buddy!
Not acting like small dictator. More and more people lately wants to force their will on others. Yuck! Stupid suggestion!
Last edited by pivo; 08-30-2020 at 04:12 PM..
Old 08-30-2020, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

The problem is everquest is all about "figuring it out"

so it has to be random, but it cant be procedural.

like you need to be able to learn and figure it out, for it to be eq.

But it can be changed every server reset!

But I will be honest, I wouldnt trust a living soul with this task, which is why I think you need to leave it to fate to decide.

Just take every mob, and every item, randomize it, and let the cards fall where they lay.

If the server is so broken its impossible, so be it. We'll figure out how to anyway.

If a person tried to re-create it, they would just create boring instances that were easy to figure out. And never, EVER do any of the insane stuff that brad and his team did, because only he can think like RNjesus, because he is the one true RNjesus.

But pure random, is pure random and crazy, and nothing is more classic than pure random and crazy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2020, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the most stupid suggestions I have heard. So you are a member from Jun 2010, you are playing for over decade, you of course don't need Wiki, since you don't need it any more, lets just remove it for new players. Genius!
That's kind of the modus operandi of game devs. Leave something in long enough, coincidentally, for the hard core people to abuse it, THEN nerf it so the casuals can't use it.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-31-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Wiki ruins the game
Old 08-31-2020, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

I sometimes wonder if people think the wiki had everything it does now in one click of a button...

It's taken years of people contributing to the wiki to make it what it is today.

Removing the wiki would be like removing your arms, I mean fuck it you spent all that time growing them who needs em.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Allakazahm wasn't far behind the modern wiki in terms of utility by the time Kunark launched, which is when I joined. It wasn't comprehensive and had a bunch of wrong info, but so does the wiki. I remember getting all of the maps and things from websites and looking up how to do quests and stuff on live, its always been there in a centralized location.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 08-31-2020, 01:06 PM
Banned

is there a limit on how many times you can die on this game? im not very good !
Old 08-31-2020, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Exactly, I had a binder of printed maps back then.
Closed Thread