Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 04:31 AM
Fire Giant

Used to watch my big brother play and he let me make a character. Instantly amazed by the game until they ruined it around PoP so i quit. P99 aint perfect or classic really at all but it kinda feels like home.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this isn’t the exact review but still a funny Everquest tv segment by the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlhU...&feature=share. 4:45:00
The Sessler

Brings me back to my EQ start. ZDTV/Tech on in the background.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

I remember back in 2000 I worked for a computer refurbish center. We were a small company with only about 10 employees so we all knew each other well. One of my co-workers told me I had to check out this game called Everquest. He had created a dark elf shadow knight and wanted me to make a Druid so we could duo together. Then we got a third co-worker to join us and he played a Shaman.

So between us we had a tank, two healers, snares, DS's, buffs galore, ports, slows, haste. I remember once I got animal charm spells, we would hit outdoor zones like karanas and LoiO so I could charm a pet for added DPS. We would rip shit up. It was soooo much fun. I had hoped to re-create that excitement here when I discovered P99, but it wasn't the same. I already knew all the zones, the popular group spots on P99 are different then they were on live and my two friends are not here playing P99.

But man those were the days.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 12-16-2020, 09:37 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ap-o7l1wg

small mmorpg segment on techtv
Old 12-16-2020, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Used to watch my big brother play and he let me make a character. Instantly amazed by the game until they ruined it around PoP so i quit. P99 aint perfect or classic really at all but it kinda feels like home.
Pretty similar here except it was my little brother who played.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-16-2020, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
until they ruined it around PoP so i quit. P99 aint perfect or classic really at all but it kinda feels like home.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-16-2020, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ap-o7l1wg

small mmorpg segment on techtv
woah awesome

this one came up next lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR57JKjtX4U

are Sims conscious?!?
Old 12-16-2020, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I wish I could find the game review episode but there are some gems in there. "does it metabolize or consume food". Man that lady was stretching to get some seconds on TV.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:46 PM
Kobold

My old man got me into EverQuest when I was a small human bean, when EQ first came out. We left around the time of GoD. When I got a bit older to genuinely understand and appreciate the game, I came back in 2014 on Blue on and off. Still playing to this day on Green.

That said, my reasoning for it? Immersion. The RPG of the MMORPG has been lost and forgotten by most vidya these days. People rush to endgame for the very best of the best through min-max strategies, but to me, gaining levels is a happy consequence to a good adventure. Nothing quite sates it, plus the graphics and world is very charming to me. This and City of Heroes are my absolute favorite games of all time, hands down. Perhaps Asheron's Call might do it right, but who knows. At least EQ will always be here, and that's okay.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:33 PM
Banned

November 2015

MMOs are dead. Not playing anything aside from an occasional ARAM in League.

RL friends: "Hey dude you really should come check out P99. We started characters there its super fun."

Me: "Hmm, I had always heard about Everquest when I was playing Asheron's Call in 99-04 but we always laughed at it because AC was clearly the superior game."

RL friends: "Man c'mon just try it. It will be like an ode to another old school MMO."

Me: "Ok, what is the most difficult class to play that we need in our composition?"

RL friends: "Enchanter."

Over five years later, I'm still here.
Closed Thread