Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 07:32 AM
Kobold

When does green reset?
Old 07-11-2021, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

The game sucks after the nostalgia of orc hill pick up groups wears off. This is nothing new.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:14 PM
Banned

EQ Classic was a social game

P99 is a numbers game
Old 07-11-2021, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game sucks after the nostalgia of orc hill pick up groups wears off. This is nothing new.
What's truly ball-busting is that its peak Windows gaming, considering that it was, the internet and games in general of the day. Full on computer interface, no knee-capping half measures so it works on everything. Taking the risk of requiring new hardware for the game to run. The last new hardware for Windows desktop was the Ageia PhysX, this came out during Vista/360 years and Microsoft was switching to full on focus on consoles.

For the record: original Everquest is not a console game.

So things like P99 are a nostalgia trip for more reason than it being the hot game during our youth. It's just 20+ years behind what is current and you have to consider that its mostly all console focused products.

Mobile taking more head space. You have to understand the direction Microsoft is going, it is not likely there will ever be a game on modern Windows that will surpass what original Everquest did on Windows 98.

So yeah, Orc Hill was a moment..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2021, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

I recently watched my niece play Roblox. The graphics in some reminded me of early EQ. She plays on a tablet.

It's two different things though.
https://twitter.com/preyformary/stat...74396672544768
Old 07-12-2021, 12:15 AM
Fire Giant

imagine thinking p99 is more than just a roleplaying MUD game running underneath a couple bad 1999 3d/2d pixels
Old 07-14-2021, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? There were groups to be had everyone when the population was like 200 people back in the day?
I made a shaman druid druid necro necro group for paw with a russian skinhead because we wanted to get exp and we were gonna do it regardless of our lack of proper set up, so yeah grouping happened even back then
u just had to send people tells ad make friends
Old 07-14-2021, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are only a handful of acceptable places to level, otherwise you have to bring your own group or get comfortable soloing. The raiding scene is an incredible waste of man-hours, and is wretchedly boring because all guilds are zerg-guilds and all content is known. Big mobs were being slaughtered all across velious within hours of release. That shouldn't really be possible, except for the fact that all guilds are zerg-guilds.

I went to check on the beads camp, and the list was 25 people long. Just looking around, it appeared that maybe 6 of those people were active. Everyone else was alt-tabbed out.

The guild I was in was doing plate house, and the officers decided that they were going to let the dwarf get away in order to shut down any other guild from immediately starting after we left. Intentionally screwing over other Everquesters because of.. I dont know even know.. something about competition, I guess?

There used to be some pleasure in just enjoying the game, but that's mostly gone. It's just a grab for pixels.

I've been on P99 since 2009, but it's finally time.

I will absolutely let the door hit me on the way out, fuck you too.

and no 2 week suspension here
Old 07-14-2021, 02:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like you're a hardcore player complaining that being a hardcore player sucks... Play a different way, or different game, or go outside, all good options.
Can confirm. Fresh self-made chars Auld Lang Syne style totally renewed my interest in EQ after having it wane in the hyper-competitive raid scene. I find the hobo struggle and gearing myself via loot/quests to be the most satisfying. Of course, you might just not enjoy EQ anymore, which is totally valid. Maybe it's time to dabble in hard drugs
Old 07-14-2021, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

You Either Die A Hero,
Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread