Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, involving melee classes in anything in this game just causes problems. Theyre always asking for heals and crying for rezzes and shit, skip all that and just go with a caster group. Mage/cleric/necro/enchanter/druid. Pick any 3 of those an you'll have a powerhouse group. Preferably mage-mage-mage.
As much as I want to trash you, I can't. With the way pet vs. melee aggro works, having a lone melee in a caster group causes nothing but problems. Its a shame really, because caster groups are amazing and can do things your typical tank/heal/dps group can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I want to trash you, I can't. With the way pet vs. melee aggro works, having a lone melee in a caster group causes nothing but problems. Its a shame really, because caster groups are amazing and can do things your typical tank/heal/dps group can't.
just wait for kunark. everything will change by then
Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Oh I know, I wasn't complaining or anything. I still love playing a rogue and can't wait for the Kunark upgrades. It was just frustrating being in a druid/enchanter/rogue group in Lguk a few weeks ago and not being able to help out without the enchanter chain-stunning or the druid spam healing.

At the same time, it always makes me smile when people in groups or raids send me tells saying my combat spam is filling up their chat logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodisatva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asian lettuce wraps, tex-mex quesadillas, mini-sliders.
This isn't an Applebee's thread?
/sigh
pretty sure it is. their chefs have come up with a GREAT new recipe, mixing two of america's favorites: asian and mexican food

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmay1011 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny cause this is what we were thinking and have somewhat started. I think we're nervous about the Warrior aggro issues. These are not twinks so getting geared up will not be easy.

Thank you all for the suggestions. We're reading this and getting some very helpful ideas.
if you want to go war, send a tell to Belmont in game. I have a bunch of stun whips. I can give you a few.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you want to go war, send a tell to Belmont in game. I have a bunch of stun whips. I can give you a few.
Thank you. The advice and offered help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

I'm a warrior, and only level 18, but it hasn't been too bad. No, we can't just cast 1 spell and have perma aggro like an SK, but the only ones that have been able to really hold aggro over me for very long have been twinked Monks, but in that situation they should be tanking anyway.

I use Gnoll Hide Lariat (won't proc stun until 25), and Bladed Thulian Claws, which are the 5/19 1hs the dude was talking about earlier in this thread.

At 25, I'll pick up another stun whip and that'll last me into the 40s from what I hear.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, if you're going to use a hasted, dual-wielding, proccing charmed pet, what the hell do you need a warrior for?
To tank the target mob while the enchanter re-charms his pet. Duh.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a warrior, and only level 18, but it hasn't been too bad. No, we can't just cast 1 spell and have perma aggro like an SK, but the only ones that have been able to really hold aggro over me for very long have been twinked Monks, but in that situation they should be tanking anyway.

I use Gnoll Hide Lariat (won't proc stun until 25), and Bladed Thulian Claws, which are the 5/19 1hs the dude was talking about earlier in this thread.

At 25, I'll pick up another stun whip and that'll last me into the 40s from what I hear.
I much prefer obsidian shards, you get more damage between procs which helps when the rng hikes your skirt up and starts poking you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To tank the target mob while the enchanter re-charms his pet. Duh.
Cleric, necro or druid (depending on what 3rd class is) could just root it while re-charming is done.

I think the time for speculation is over. We need proofs! Need some trios of various makeups to post some results: group make up, location, mobs per hour, etc.