Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 11:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You with all the rest of you fake classic fans
Who said I was a fan of classic? My favorite era of the game is PoP.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who said I was a fan of classic? My favorite era of the game is PoP.
Then why the fuck are you wasting your time here?
Old 11-30-2021, 12:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then why the fuck are you wasting your time here?
sunk cost fallacy and I don't like boxing
Old 11-30-2021, 12:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah thats not true at all. people's banks are full of spells n other gear. /1 wtb burnout IV

or camp it yourself, with your well balanced min/maxxed trio
You can search the entire history of /1 in discord and it's literally never been for sale, just dozens of people searching for it. And it's never been in the bazaar.

I'm not sure why you can't just be honest about the shortcomings of the server. I like it better than p99 but there's no need to oversell it.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I respect your candor about sunk-cost. Very refreshing in this community of shitters.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Just jump ship bro. P99 will be in the same place you leave it, if you go now.

I didn't realize TAKP was only at luclin I would have been more brutal to the people complaining about P99 and suggesting it goes to luclin.

Sux to want enforced no boxing. I kinda get it. Its a very unclassic experience to have slave player characters around everyone, makes it a totally different non roleplaying game.

"What class should I be? Who cares! I have an entire support team of classes!"

Thats how shards of dalaya was but it only allowed 2 boxing so you basically just make your duo of choice. I think I was a shaman and an SK there but only went to like level 15
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can search the entire history of /1 in discord and it's literally never been for sale, just dozens of people searching for it. And it's never been in the bazaar.

I'm not sure why you can't just be honest about the shortcomings of the server. I like it better than p99 but there's no need to oversell it.
F discord. not classic.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:10 PM
Kobold

You guys and your mouse wheels.......first person and f9 view for life.

So as a former EQMAC (Al'Kabor) raider, and current p99 green + TAKP raider, I can say each server has its own thing going on.

The ultimate decision for me was what era do I want to play in? The answer was both.

I loved Luclin and PoP on EQMAC, so I gave it a second shot on TAKP last year and I single box in a raiding guild. I usually send tells to find xp groups, or get with guildies, and I have no problem finding AAs. The raid scene is rotated, so if you like having a set schedule to raid it is nice (my guild is 3 days a week at 10 pm est). Also next month you get to experience the race to PoTime...

P99 is great if you lust for the velious raid era, competitive raid scene, and other classic features like EC tunnel, no AA, no beastlord, no vanshir. Am I having a blast since Velious dropped? Absolutely...but for me the golden era was PoP, as I quit after GoD expansion.

Right now if I plan my time right I can enjoy being a support class on TAKP raids, and a tank class on p99 green raids.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Melx seems like cool guy.

If I was a top level 60 raider I think that I would like POP too, as AA's are insanely fun

For me the value of Vanilla, Kunark, and Velious (less so velious) is that in these eras there is still a lot of high end droppable gear that makes a difference, and the item progression is a bit more natural versus luclin items dropping from level 20 mobs being better than vanilla worlds best in slot items.

But as a level 60 raider none of that matters what do you care about how screwed up the progression is. What matters to the raider is the level 60 to the level 60 with 300 AA's and best in slot progression and in POP this is more fun.

As for me, I like Vanilla where even bronze armor has value, and iksars don't exist to make human monks and all other necros obsolete.

but velious is a good compromise because the game still fits together pretty good and I do love those velious textures - rygorr looked so cool the first time I saw it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like a golden opportunity for them to release the single character per player server that so many people obviously want, but they don't seem to fully appreciate how much demand is out there. Sooner or later they'll give it a try. When they do I would not be surprised if they end up exceeding P99's population. The EQ-emu community seems to harbor a large proportion of the raid-obsessed crowd (much larger than the original game) that EQ MAC's Planes of Power era catered directly towards. From sitting over here, it looks as if they're sitting on top of the proverbial gold mine and are too unsure of themselves to make use of its full potential.

Danth
1000% this!!!! it boggles my mind that these other EMU servers havent figured out that boxing is what diseases them from day 1. I loved P2002 - bug free, true to era, great performance, far more active staff than P99's... but 3 boxing will never build a community; so it festers with less than 50 players a night. a dead server walking. The template for success is there.. P99 proves it. And regardless of what the classic-only robots return - EverQuest reached its perfection in PoP era. classes, AI, content, itemization, crafting - so good.

hey other EMU servers... wake the fuk up and grow some balls
Closed Thread