Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-31-2022, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by p99deadstarre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was literally boxing in 1999. this is a problem how exactly? anyway says right on their forum front page how many players are 3 boxing, 2 boxing or solo. last i looked solo was in the lead
The problem with boxing is it discourages players from grouping, because you can honestly camp a vast majority of the content in the game with a strong trio you play yourself. Groups don't form as often because a double or triple boxer is fine playing by themselves.

While boxing was a thing on live, people didn't do it quite as often due to having to pay 15 extra bucks per month per account. On free emulators there is no reason not to go ham.

Single user play is one of the reasons why P99 is the top emulated server. None of the other servers that allow boxing even come close, especially when you consider a decent chunk of the players are boxes.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is wrong with the mac client?
It doesn’t crash and loads very quickly.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:57 AM
Banned

Eq lost its appeal when everyone started playing it like wow/baldurs solo runs just following preset paths and refusing to play free-form or share.

It's likely that demonic energy has fully possesd them and they need to go on a pilgrimage. To mecca or Jerusalem and Babylon.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eq lost its appeal when everyone started playing it like wow/baldurs solo runs just following preset paths and refusing to play free-form or share.

It's likely that demonic energy has fully possesd them and they need to go on a pilgrimage. To mecca or Jerusalem and Babylon.
...so ... like it pretty much doesn't matter what servers or services u play on/with. If this is your approach to life it's game over. R.i.p.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn’t crash and loads very quickly.
That don't sound classic!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-31-2022, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...so ... like it pretty much doesn't matter what servers or services u play on/with. If this is your approach to life it's game over. R.i.p.
I really enjoyed reading about your adventures in to Beholder's Maze and environs, even if you were sometimes struggling to find social play there. Such a change of pace to sitting in the tunnel to Najena farming bloodstones or Lfay/Karana farming bronze ...

Old 01-31-2022, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with TAKP is the 3 boxing. Their population is pretty low when you take that into account. They need to enforce a one box rule and it would be more tempting.
This is the only reason P99 has the population that it does.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

(I'm currently lvl 16 enchanter, trying to catch up my evocation skill by soloing green drakes using a couple of casts of sanity warp and melee ... wanted to play my warrior in groups pulling loads of crazy camps, but it is just people soloing / afking for 27 mins between spawns)

Old 01-31-2022, 09:13 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with boxing is it discourages players from grouping
they set up the group xp bonus specifically to bigtime reward a 4th in group. groups a plenty.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

I continue to give TAKP the college effort, but something isn’t right. So far, I’ve had only a handle full of chance encounters while leveling. Each time I met someone to level, it felt rare, and we’ve both been busy managing 3 chars and there wasn’t much dialogue. Of those encounters, I never crossed paths with them again.

Since TAKP released POP, I’ve seen much less people in the lower level range. I do think that most view the 1-60 as a speed run challenge, which they can min/max with their own trio. Then, since PoP has the largest ZEM and best gear by miles, there is little reason for anyone to return to classic. Those who spend time in classic zones are leveling; those who are there a lot are new, probably lonely trying to catch up; the others are there momentarily, then 60+ shortly thereafter.

Maybe a single box would draw more players and film the larger world out, but I’m just not convinced this is the case.