Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

anyone remember back when like 90% of the blue server was using MQ2, so many people that they couldn't ban us all, so they stripped us of all coin on our accounts and removed 10% of our xp?

Good times.
Old 02-07-2022, 02:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It all looks pretty damning to me. Especially the part where Detoxx arrives to dismiss the idea by implying he has an unhealthy obsession.

I'd love to see a more formalized presentation of this but I can understand that GM's may not have a background in math and it was designed to be approachable by them. However, if you have a valid argument against the methodology used to come to these conclusions then lets see it.

Until that happens this looks pretty convincing to me and the ball is in the staffs court. Based on rulings in the past I don't hold out much hope they will adequately address the rampant cheating on this server but I really hope they will do something to punish the people participating in it or at least change the rules so they don't favor cheaters. Staff please help those of us trying to play within the rules here. It's not just raiders who are negatively effected by this its everyone on the server. Allowing this undermines the legitimacy this project.

OP gives every other player the rubber banding "benefit of the doubt" except for Stunningly. Once both players get a sync, you can even see in the video that Kickenit gets a slight update forwards, Stunningly gets a large update backwards. I'll repost this screenshot for your benefit. Our "control" is 150ms+ ahead of Stunningly.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2022, 02:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys I swear I'm not cheating, and to prove it I'll volunteer to do a thing that absolutely no one will call me on or facilitate to happen. Case closed!
Theres literally no other way to prove to ignorant people otherwise. I could sit my grandma behind me with a vhs camera and have her record my runs and you guys would call it bullshit.
Seized - 60 Cleric
Astounding Pounding - 51 Druid
Old 02-07-2022, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Guy tries to use simple data, people either say wow get a life or why can't you calculate the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Either way when all that kael races boil down to is time off the line it's really exciting and skill based stuff.
Old 02-07-2022, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you have a valid argument against the methodology used to come to these conclusions then lets see it.
Yeah, it's nonsense. There is no correlation between ping and FPS.

Ping is the response time between your client and the server.

FPS is the speed that it takes pixels to render from your video card to your monitor.

OP is trying to measure reaction time in ping from different computers with unknown relation to the geographic location of the hosted server when all he's got is FPS.

OP dismisses obvious flaws as "rubber banding" when in reality almost everything you see from the movement of other characters not your own fall under rubber banding. It's not precise.

The server does not monitor the position of your character. That is 100% client side (which is why warping in MQ works). Your client sends updates to the server, and the server shares those updates with other players, so the locations are no longer accurate by the time the other players receive them.

You ever sent a tell in guild chat at the same exact time of somebody else? It shows up first on your screen, but it shows up in a different order from someone else. Why? Because your chat was displayed client side without interaction from the server and chat from everybody else had to go from your client to the server to their client.

OP spent 2 months producing a 30 minute video based on the flawed assumption that he could measure reaction time frame by frame when there's literally nothing to keep the players locations synchronized in real time.

When measured against an admitted cheater, Stunningly's reaction time lost. Therefore Stunningly must be a cheater, right?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-07-2022, 03:05 PM
Banned

hey guys check out my video in where i demonstrate my lack of understanding of the internet
(lol)
Old 02-07-2022, 03:06 PM
Banned

sorry you didn’t get raid
Old 02-07-2022, 03:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobadilx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either way when all that kael races boil down to is time off the line it's really exciting and skill based stuff.
If you think kael race boils down to time off the line you've never raced it. While I disagree with the OPs conclusions, I wont dismiss people having opinions or questions regarding reaction time off the line. But the truth is that the line time is irrelevant. People who win the race are running better lines than people who lose the race. This is a 91-95 second race, and People win it by more than 50ms every week, sometimes 20x that. There are few people who know the race well enough to compete, period.
Seized - 60 Cleric
Old 02-07-2022, 03:12 PM
Banned

Make them do a foot race IRL. With free race timing apps it’s easy to set up

Pixels for the winners and RL health for all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2022, 03:14 PM
Aviak

If there was a way to 100% ensure the same start time, I'd be 100% for it, but it wouldn't change the outcomes at all.

And before you say "scripted speedrun"... Give me a break, Anyone trying to tool assisted speedrun script a MMO race with levitate, bumping, lag, framerate changes would be kidding themselves. Comparing TAS NES Mario speedruns to EQ Racing is laughable.
Seized - 60 Cleric
Closed Thread