Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-19-2022, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may be 100% correct that waking Sleeper has always been about giving the finger to other guilds. But if that is the case, why did you play on P99? You knew you were going to be given the finger yet again. It isn't like this was a surprise. You agreed to this by logging in to P99.
Why are you asking 1 (or more)(real or hypothetical) player why they play(ed) P99 as if to imply that they should not (have) play(ed) it if it wasn't/didn't end up being EXACTLY what they expected/what they read about (LOL!) or as if to imply that they should feel/think differently than they do about the particular situation of the Sleeper being woken up & their potential chance to experience Warders on P99 Green simply because you say they should?

The fact is, they the 1 or more real or hypothetical player(s) can know it (the Sleeper being woken up) will happen (or not), think it's a dick move (or not), and play the game knowing/not knowing - and they can then be upset (or not) when it happens, even if it's somehow contrary to your feelings.

I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings & hope this post helps!
Old 04-19-2022, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewkeng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Waking the sleeper is nothing more then wanting to denying people from warder loot.
Only someone who hasn't farmed warders could see it this simplistically. Loot denial is a small part of it, and that only for a certain group of people. It's complicated, but you'll likely only be able to understand that after you've farmed them. Maybe next server.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by matticas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only someone who hasn't farmed warders could see it this simplistically. Loot denial is a small part of it, and that only for a certain group of people. It's complicated, but you'll likely only be able to understand that after you've farmed them. Maybe next server.

Umm, its as simple as that. If i cared to see it i would of played green, i dont.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not realistic to expect people to understand all of the nuances of this matter, heck even Seal Team did not anticipate all of the complexities of Sleeper's Tomb. As each key drops and months pass, it becomes abundantly clear that it's just not a sustainable situation to keep the sleeper asleep indefinitely.

The drama only becomes more intense every single cycle and the number of players that want to end it grows and grows. Eventually either you wake it or it is woken for you. It's a fallacy to assume that waking is simply a choice by one or two individuals because contrary to popular belief, guilds are not authoritarian regimes. Once a critical mass of keys has been obtained, it's only a matter of time. 6-12 months asleep is a good expectation for any Everquest server. The better the guild relations at the top end, the closer you can get to 12 months.

Due to Warders on p99 being 48-hour windows (6 day +-24hrs) and the Golems being 24hour windows, it pretty much turns Sleeper's Tomb into a 24/7 sock and kills any guild that attempts it for a long period of time. That is clearly a huge problem, which forces rotations. Rotations are kryptonite to competitive players, so if it were to work, on future servers, you would want Key parity at Velious launch so that by the time Warders can be killed, it would require cooperation. That way, neither guild has a dominant presence and is forced to rotate the content to get their warder loot. In theory that should keep the competitive players on the back foot for a longer period of time. That sort of scenario may keep the sleeper asleep for at least an additional 6 months I think. You do run the risk of alienating the competitive players who could splinter off and form a new guild and blow up the agreement. (given P99's history, this is actually quite likely).

So for the next P99 server, I would recommend the top guilds compete for keys immediately and hope parity of keying takes place and dramatically increases the number of players desiring Warder loot. Maintain good relations proactively and arrive at a rotation agreement as quickly as possible and find a way to keep the hardcore players content. Avoid competitive ST so that socking is side-stepped because that will only lead to waking.

It's a mess of a situation, I can assure you all of that. In the end, if you want warder loot it should be your goal from the moment Velious drops, otherwise, it's unlikely due to the tsunami of politics and drama that arises.

So bc your guild is tired of it, you wake the sleeper instead of letting the next guild come in and enjoy the farm, yup dick move.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Dont get me wrong, i get it why he gets let loose. Its just like why... put it on rotation bc im 100% sure everyone would of had no problem with that, but people suck and dont like to let others enjoy things lol rather take it away. Its always been the case.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

sorry you dont got, hope that helps.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry you dont got, hope that helps.

My SK had Shield of Clawed Guardian.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewkeng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My SK had Shield of Clawed Guardian.
np detoxx
Old 04-20-2022, 06:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could be worse, could be in a guild that made a decision to never compete for ST keys until 7 months into velious (1 month after rampage woke it on blue) then after 2 months claim competition is here why you waking it? “GMs don’t count seconds”
Your memory is terrible
Old 04-20-2022, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by matticas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah. Loot denial is nearly 100% of it.

Imagine spending a similar number of hours on green as members of ST who have warder loot, but you don't got warder loot.

Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.