Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 09-08-2022, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

I think the one person doing it, if they got it done, would be the "race". I doubt there'd be competition to this without a substantial pp prize.

Instead of naked, it would be more interesting like a survival show where you get to bring X number of items. Oh, you should also be able to use items you loot yourself, items you craft, and anything you can buy from a vendor as long as its on that vendor's loot table.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

“Naked an elf raid”

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-09-2022, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

I think people are wildly overestimating the ability of a naked Enchanter. It's a hell of a lot harder and much more dangerous to charm when you've got only your base CHA, a small mana pool, no HP gear, no JBoots, no Gazughi ring, no WC cap, etc...

The Necro is able to perform much closer to their normal geared baseline even without gear due to the nature of their spell line. Hell, it's conceivable that a good Druid could out-level an Enchanter if they're both naked. Snare and SoW go a long way to making charming safer, and don't underestimate the convenience of ports for leveling quickly.

Also, a naked Mage easily out-levels a naked Wizard. A naked Wizard can't quad, and literally just has to root/nuke singles over and over and med in between, meanwhile the Mage is basically expending just 200 mana for pet and a little more for a small finishing nuke for each mob if he knows what he's doing, and is medding through each fight. A naked Cleric would out-level a naked Wizard, since they'd basically be doing the same thing, (root nuking) but the Cleric has a bunch of other useful tools in the bag, as well.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

I started an iksar necro to try this. Getting kills at level one with no weapon is surprisingly difficult. I had to dump my points into hand to hand and I could only kill decaying skeletons. Anything else hit too hard.

I finally got a few skeleton kills that carried weapons to eventually buy my pet spell, so now I'm on the way!
Old 09-11-2022, 03:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Necro is able to perform much closer to their normal geared baseline even without gear due to the nature of their spell line. Hell, it's conceivable that a good Druid could out-level an Enchanter if they're both naked. Snare and SoW go a long way to making charming safer, and don't underestimate the convenience of ports for leveling quickly.
Thank you. Outside a swarming Bard, the second best naked leveling is necro. Increased safety (FD, pet) heals, and its own ability to enchanter like sh it in undead areas make necros extremely powerful no gear soloers.

Also, Enchanters work best using their insane abilities when they have support, like in a group. Of course it is possible to do it solo given all the power of an enchanter, but you see their raw consistent power in a group.