Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-30-2022, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but do you actually own any cowboy boots?

my brother moved to arizona and said he bought a cowboy hat, i have GOT to see that sometime
Yeah man, I have a ranch, cows and horses. When I initially learned English, my parents took us to a country ass Baptist church in nacogdoches which isn’t Matthew mcconaghey English, it’s Deep South. So I had a southern accent. I mostly lost it because I’ve been in Houston since I went to rice at age 18 (I’m 57 now), but I still say LAW-YER, not LOI-YER

Not really anything else noticeable. I definitely say y’all
Old 09-30-2022, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

WTS/WTT central Texas ranch for wyoming land near mountains PST
Old 09-30-2022, 05:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is Salt life?
It's a bumper sticker you put on your car after moving to Florida.

You MUST like the beach, fishing, boating, piracy, drug smuggling before applying the bumper sticker or the local authorities will brand you a liar. Literally. You get the word 'LIAR' branded into your soft flesh.
Old 09-30-2022, 06:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's definitely a B-tier city compared to Miami or New Orleans. Tampa isn't reputed that highly either I guess.

(I initially wrote Harvey instead of Katrina) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As of 4 hours ago, the death toll is 12.

It was pretty destructive though. I was driving around my area last night and it was looking bad. A ton of old and famous cultural buildings were completely destroyed.

If it didn't hook southeast at the last moment, it would have hit my area directly. Ft. Myers isn't considered a big city here, but it is one of the fastest growing in the US.

Ft. Myers will probably be as large, if not, larger than say Tampa or Miami in the future.

But Florida tends to remember the Cat 5s the most, so this one will be up there with the likes of Andrew, I'm sure.

Not as bad, but it's up there.
Old 09-30-2022, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

We got rocked - video of pilot who flew into the hurricane in a big beefy plane.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Fort Myers area got rocked hard. It's not recovering any time soon.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/30/phot...icane-ian.html

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 09-30-2022, 11:07 AM
Banned

Nothing burger in SC still. Hoping it gets worse so I can watch the surge
Old 09-30-2022, 12:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a bumper sticker you put on your car after moving to Florida.

You MUST like the beach, fishing, boating, piracy, drug smuggling before applying the bumper sticker or the local authorities will brand you a liar. Literally. You get the word 'LIAR' branded into your soft flesh.
What if I just like boating, piracy, and drug running, but don't like fishing or being a beach bum? Will I still be branded with the whole "LIAR" brand, or do you think I could talk them down to just an "AR brand. I could live with just an "AR" brand easier than a "LIAR" brand.
Old 09-30-2022, 12:50 PM
Banned

Where did my beach go lol. I think all the lower floors will get flooded, supposed to be 6ft surge maybe?
Old 09-30-2022, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if I just like boating, piracy, and drug running, but don't like fishing or being a beach bum? Will I still be branded with the whole "LIAR" brand, or do you think I could talk them down to just an "AR brand. I could live with just an "AR" brand easier than a "LIAR" brand.
Some have been known to bypass the legal requirements by pouring salt onto their bodies while police patrol by.