Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-24-2023, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause maybe he doesn't fuckin want to.
Tbf even if you don't like to charm a lot as an exp method, everyone should try doing it here and there occasionally. It's a good thing to be familiar with, especially if you're planning to try to do some serious solo dungeon diving later on. Much better to kind of learn the mechanics and how things work in general as you're leveling rather than when you're trying to do it in Seb or HS etc.
Old 07-24-2023, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This man failed on all 3 servers, hope that helps.
Cheers to hoping after 13+ years, you've beaten a game called EVERquest on all 3 servers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You little winner, you. Love you!
Old 07-24-2023, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tbf even if you don't like to charm a lot as an exp method, everyone should try doing it here and there occasionally. It's a good thing to be familiar with, especially if you're planning to try to do some serious solo dungeon diving later on. Much better to kind of learn the mechanics and how things work in general as you're leveling rather than when you're trying to do it in Seb or HS etc.
Everyone was smoking cigarettes in high school they said. 6 missing teeth later and I'm still on a liquid diet because it hurts to chew with my gums. Don't do it.
Old 07-24-2023, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause maybe he doesn't fuckin want to.
yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 07-24-2023, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone was smoking cigarettes in high school they said. 6 missing teeth later and I'm still on a liquid diet because it hurts to chew with my gums. Don't do it.
Sorry for your loss
Old 07-24-2023, 04:22 PM
Orc

I know I'm late to the party, but ToFS. Can't recommend highly enough.

Has a great ZEM -- floors 1 and 2 are 100% undead. (level 25-33ish mobs) . Charming works swell on floor 1 specifically.

Floor 3 has some non-undead, but also has lots of undead. By the time you level up to floor 4, Kaesora becomes a really solid option as well though
Old 07-25-2023, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

OP is 51. It won't be great XP, but he could break into the charm game by going down to the bottom of Kaesora and camping his HS key piece. Afterwards, take his newly learned methods to CoM floor 2.

Any necro that doesn't charm in HS 54-60 is a shitter. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2023, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

I avoided charming til early 50's and then learned on CoM second and moved to HS with what I learned. Root rotting in the 50's is miserably slow and lame.

I get that people are scared to leave their comfort zone but its so incredibly fun, powerful, and great xp you're really only depriving yourself for no reason. Bit of a learning curve and planning around deaths involved, but its more than worth the effort in the long run.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

CoM 2nd is pretty chill too. Bind on top of the arena and you have ez pz corpse recovery / "oh shit" reset.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2023, 01:40 PM
Kobold

Yeh definitely going to do some charm stuff, my other character is a 54 enc on blue but stopped playing it about 10 years back so forgot most of the camps. Appreciate all the suggestions seems I ought to check out CoM first also quite keen on Kaesora.