Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-31-2023, 08:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So the Quillmane change was supposed to make it how it was "supposed" to be. Melee classes etc. were not supposed to really have the levitation devices and Quillmane was supposed to be a special "unicorn" level event. OK, seems legit. So what has changed since the modification. Well, now you MUST have a tracker to track the PH. And shockingly, LR and melees with cloaks still exists. So the change was done for what purpose? I can't complain if the operator of this game makes adjustments, what can I do about it?, but to say a reason is to adjust the number of melee getting cloaks or making it more special is absolutely "Nigerian Prince" level BS. It's ok. It's still FTE. Watch for me in a zone near you =)
Old 07-31-2023, 09:08 PM
Banned

Yes, it's harder to farm than it was before. But it's still not that hard and you can crank out cloaks all day because it's triggered.

And what do you mean melee weren't supposed to have it? They're like the main people who need it, the caster classes can all cast lev in some form
Old 08-01-2023, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Got my cloaks n manastones ages ago. Sorry you're tryna get em on hard mode.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes per the patches. The QM spawn was never officially changed on live. Every single EMU I have played on had QM spawn the exact same way.
So all the other emus are using a faulty guestimation of classic and this fix was supposed to bring p99 closer to classic?

There have been a bajillion changes (supposedly) towards classic that have happened midtimeline of p99 that didn’t happen on live.

There is a very strong precedent of ‘fixing’ things as we go rather than waiting for a new server. There is almost no precedent of waiting for a new server to make ‘classicwards’ fixes.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-01-2023, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

How do you think the first iteration of quillmane (or any) mechanics came to eqemu originally?

Old 08-01-2023, 09:27 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you think the first iteration of quillmane (or any) mechanics came to eqemu originally?
I have no idea who was the first EMU to use the previous QM spawn. I played on all of Image/Devnoobs servers and this is how it was. It was like this on Red99 as far as I know as well.

Literally ONE person made a post where he found some information from like 2016 or something from the TLP. How are we even to know that person was right? According to the dev who made the spawn he is not 100% sure. He just said it is "probably" part of the spawn cycle of low level mobs.

It should have not been changed based off of one persons information which came from some random guy. Also it should not have been changed mid server cycle. I would be 100% fine with this mechanic showing up on the new "green" or teal server. The devs here will do what they want anyway.
Old 08-01-2023, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Loads of things get fixed between servers. Staff thought this was a fix. If you have evidence of the correct (or closer to correct system) post it in bugs.

I don’t know why you think this is such a huge change that it needs an (unprecedented) wait to be implemented between servers.

Maybe I just think it is not a big deal due to my own experiences and biases. I got cloaks under the old system (which incidentally seemed waaaay easier than my live experiences and I’ve got wuillmanes and cloaked worh the new system. It really isn’t that big a deal. )

Old 08-01-2023, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

*Loads of things fet fixed mid server

Old 08-01-2023, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea who was the first EMU to use the previous QM spawn. I played on all of Image/Devnoobs servers and this is how it was. It was like this on Red99 as far as I know as well.

Literally ONE person made a post where he found some information from like 2016 or something from the TLP. How are we even to know that person was right? According to the dev who made the spawn he is not 100% sure. He just said it is "probably" part of the spawn cycle of low level mobs.

It should have not been changed based off of one persons information which came from some random guy. Also it should not have been changed mid server cycle. I would be 100% fine with this mechanic showing up on the new "green" or teal server. The devs here will do what they want anyway.
TLDR I am crying about it because I don't like how it's hard for me to personally get a Peggi Cloak
Old 08-01-2023, 05:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR I am crying about it because I don't like how it's hard for me to personally get a Peggi Cloak
TL/DR you never got laid before