Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pass

I’ve only still been in velious twice ever

Never seen Lguk

Never seen mistmoore

Never seen sebilis or KC

Never seen velks, or crystal caverns

Or HS

Or any of the other planes

So when it comes to seeing a new expansion….on green
No Lower Guk or Sebilis?! Those are among the best dungeons in EQ!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-08-2023, 02:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ports to Luclin and PoK along with an official hub were inevitable. The bigger a world becomes, the more spread out servers will become, Verant/SoE knew this even before SoL's release by even acknowledging the importance of the Freeport area was to the playerbase as a defacto hub hence why RoK/SoV had entry points in its backyards along with exits from endgame zones like Plane of Sky and Veeshans Peak.

And outside of ports; The biggest issue with SoL is that it was a half baked expansion with many zones feeling barren or pointless. Had they took time with SoL and maybe waited another year to iron out not just the zone designs, mobs, and even the revamp player models, I think that expansion would've been better remembered.

SoL was an attempt to develop an expansion that had exp-able content from lvl 1 to lvl 60. The reason you categorize the majority of the zones as "useless" is simply because you were leveled past them by the time it came out, and because the lower 2/3rds of exp zones contained within the expansion are tuned to a higher difficulty than their respective counterparts in classic, kunark, and velious; they were attempting to avoid the mistake of creating an expansion that only suited the 30+ crowd like they did with velious.

And more zones doesn't mean the player base is spread out more. Once the server opens POP, POP will essentially house 90% of the player base 90% of the time, with classic kunark and velious zones being something you speed run through to get to 46 to zone into POTranq.

After the level 65 expansion rollout; with POP, then the launch of ykesha LDON GoD OoW DoN and DoDH and PoR expansions this constitutes 8 expansions in a row without low level content, the dev team reexplored this concept of a comprehensive expansion again with the launch of TSS, which offered a comprehensive expansion suitable for leveling from 1 to 75 within.

Admittedly, TSS was far more effective than Luclin at accomplishing this aim; providing an exp-accellerated-zem expansion conducive to lvl 1 to lvl-cap gameplay with challenging content even against twink characters at low levels; the biggest reason Luclin didn't become the defacto 1-60 grinding expacs is because the ZEMs weren't boosted enough past Paludal Caverns in the leveling arc to compensate for the increase in difficulty, but the intention was to provide a comprehensive expansion for all levels; the player base's tendency toward following the path of least resistance in experience grinding wasn't foreseen.
Last edited by Landroval; 08-08-2023 at 02:53 AM..
Old 08-08-2023, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

TSS WAS THE REAL EQ 2!

It took a long while to give it a go, but yeah it was actually fun to play through with a friend.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-08-2023, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pass

I’ve only still been in velious twice ever

Never seen Lguk

Never seen mistmoore

Never seen sebilis or KC

Never seen velks, or crystal caverns

Or HS

Or any of the other planes

So when it comes to seeing a new expansion….on green

And all this as a 57 enchanter? lol
Old 08-08-2023, 11:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Love this idea, and will definitely be playing this. I wish the server was going to LDoN. I loved the extra group content that LDoN added as that was always my favored game play type (yes I raided at the top end of EQ even, but my favorite times were in a group).

If the player based asked for it, would going up to LDoN be an option once was PoP launched? I'm playing this regardless, but ending at LDoN would be Nirvana for me.

Thanks for all the work getting this amazing environment for us EQ fanatics!
Last edited by Venkmen; 08-08-2023 at 11:55 AM..
Old 08-08-2023, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Paludal Caverns was super. Some other low to mid level zones were fresh, but hard to explore. I just remember Lightcrawlers being a menace.

The war in the zone near the cat city was a very cool concept with great loot.

But mob HP increase was a little too insane.

At least I played on FV when Luclin released. My twinks were super twinks =)
Old 08-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And all this as a 57 enchanter? lol
Ya it’s hazy, but if I recall I went gfay->BB->Kaesora? (The dungeon in lavastorm)->SolA->FV (I always loved FV for some reason)->SolB->Emerald Jungle/zone with Karnor’s castle (just killed the dolvargs outside)->CoM->Burning woods/Chardok
Old 08-08-2023, 12:41 PM
Banned

^
Oh ya and somewhere in there I did a shitload of bandits in one of the karanas and split paw gnolls outside splitpaw in a diff karana
Old 08-08-2023, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

I think you mean Nanjina for the zone before Sol A and Dreadlands for the zone which contains Karnor’s castle.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-08-2023, 09:01 PM
Kobold

Luclin and Planes of Power has amazing raids - raids with real mechanics over just tank + 8 cleric ch macro. Super excited for Project Quarm.

Another great thing to remember is all the "small guild" events they designed. The Grimling War, Fungus Grove Caller event, Khati Sha in Acrylia Caverns, Radir and Tawro in Umbral Planes. Working on VT shards! Bane weapons! Plane of Justice events! PoP flagging! I do hope Quarm starts out with piggyback rule for Elemental Planes though. But ya, was a great era for smaller guilds to have fun.
Closed Thread