Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-19-2023, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

High elf is the most common race by a large margin.
Shawl illusion is handy for sirens farming, maybe kedge if you get it at a low lvl
Enchanter race means nothing in the end, just pick what you like.
Old 08-19-2023, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WC cap, which they can all use.

Stats won't matter once you get gear.

DE is #1. Going zone to zone you keep ultravision. You can hide and stay invis indefinitely. This is very useful in areas without see invis if you need to AFK.
While the cap can be useful, and many will find it’s recharging trivial, I actually meant which is the best race option under those circumstances [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Perhaps gnome - they have vision and are pretty well liked across Norrath, even if stairs are sometimes an issue.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-20-2023, 08:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

How successful is the hide ability on a dark elf? If people
keep mentioning this as a perk then it should be something that can be relied on instead of a goblin gazughi ring during the leveling process. If it has a 80% success rate then I would imagine dark elf would be a good choice. If you’re trying to hide when mobs at below 10% and it rarely works then that would be super frustrating.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the success rate?

I’ve never played a dark elf so im curious how useful it would be. I’ve always picked high elf for the high charisma. Swapping illusions only takes a few seconds so it doesn’t bother me considering you’re constantly swapping spells anyway so it’s not like you’re having to do something you wouldn’t be accustomed to doing in the first place.

Posts like these should have a poll so you can see the results instead of scrolling through pages of posts.
Last edited by Gwilson21; 08-20-2023 at 09:11 AM..
Old 08-20-2023, 09:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

How successful is the hide ability on a dark elf? If people
keep mentioning this as a perk then it should be something that can be relied on instead of a goblin gazughi ring during the leveling process. If it has a 80% success rate then I would imagine dark elf would be a good choice. If you’re trying to hide when mobs at below 10% and it rarely works then that would be super frustrating.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the success rate?

I’ve never played a dark elf so im curious how useful it would be. I’ve always picked high elf for the high charisma. Swapping illusions only takes a few seconds so it doesn’t bother me considering you’re constantly swapping spells anyway so it’s not like you’re having to do something you wouldn’t be accustomed to doing in the first place.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have found DE hide works usually at worst by third try but a lot of times it feels like on the 3rd time it works. Atleast for pet drops
Old 08-20-2023, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

As a Bard who has charm kited, hide is absolutely terrible for charm drops. You pretty much need to cast invis, either by spell or by clicky.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Human so you can get a custom helm later and win at fashion quest
Old 08-20-2023, 02:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Does hide have a 5 second cool down? If so who would have 10-15 seconds to spare trying to get hide to work when they can just cast a spell. Aside from using it to afk I personally wouldn’t be dark elf because I prefer to use reliable methods to exping.
Old 08-20-2023, 03:12 PM
Banned

Everyone says cha is easy to get and that’s true, but budget cha gear usually doesn’t have hardly any other stats on it

So eventually you can get your cha to 255, but realize that your hp and ac are crap (int really doesn’t matter much)

Then comes the mini-game of figuring out where you can sacrifice some cha for some survivability

It’s like the meme about men’s shirts: correct length, correct width, correct sleeve length, pick 2 (you’ll never get 3)

Note: this is non-raider perspective
Last edited by unsunghero; 08-20-2023 at 03:14 PM..
Old 08-20-2023, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Let's get DsM input on this, it must go 100 pages!