Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

[lays the bait]
Old 08-22-2023, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The data is easily accessible. And even when I provide data you find some retarded reason to dismiss it so nah.

I mean, does anyone seriously think chicago has less crime than dallas texas? I need to scientifically prove this obvious fact that everybody knows, particularly the people who live in those cities?
Doesn't even provide the "easily accessible" data, then proceeds to explain why it's "obvious" e.g. the data isn't necessary.

Yeah, still so full of shit your eyes are brown
Old 08-22-2023, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I can't turn off my empathy switch. Which is a good thing, because the ability to turn it on and off in real, actual life is a trait of sociopathic and/or narcissistic personalities.
I recently had to acquire the ability to turn off my empathy for my sanity's sake. My colleague at work is a very frustrating person, and fakes a lot of problems I'd normally be very nice about, and who clearly has a thing for me and I need to shut her down, hard.

For the first 40 years of my life it was stuck in the on position, but long-duration medical shit has reworked my outlook and there's only so many shits I can give while being able to give shits to those who need them. Shit denied!
Old 08-22-2023, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol ah yes, "apieceoftravel.com", the famously credible source.

Sorry bud but there is a billion times as much crime in historically democrat run cities. It's not even close. Rather than deny reality maybe think of ways to change it? Radical ideas such as: arrest and imprison violent criminals rather than releasing them over and over would be a good start.
Let criminals go for crimes, one creative approach to lowering crime rates.
Old 08-22-2023, 04:30 PM
Banned

"The beatings will continue until morale improves" is the entirety of reactionary policy
Old 08-22-2023, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let criminals go for crimes, one creative approach to lowering crime rates.
Mostly peaceful. Mostly peaceful. Mostly peaceful.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 08-22-2023, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"The beatings will continue until morale improves" is the entirety of reactionary policy
You're putting the cart before the horse again.

Reaction comes after the revolution.
Old 08-22-2023, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't even provide the "easily accessible" data, then proceeds to explain why it's "obvious" e.g. the data isn't necessary.

Yeah, still so full of shit your eyes are brown
https://www.mystateline.com/news/chi...in-new-report/

Data! Quick, tell me why it doesn't count!

Oh and here's a juicy quote from the above for you to explain away while you're at it:

“You can’t ignore when one city has the most murders in the country. Especially 11 years in a row. And so that’s why it’s also really important to look at the total number of homicides. Chicago has almost 700 homicides. A city that’s much, much larger, like New York, has fewer than 500. So your rates matter, but so does the outright number.”
Old 08-22-2023, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
https://www.mystateline.com/news/chi...in-new-report/

Data! Quick, tell me why it doesn't count!

Oh and here's a juicy quote from the above for you to explain away while you're at it:

“You can’t ignore when one city has the most murders in the country. Especially 11 years in a row. And so that’s why it’s also really important to look at the total number of homicides. Chicago has almost 700 homicides. A city that’s much, much larger, like New York, has fewer than 500. So your rates matter, but so does the outright number.”
Yeah but those were "mostly peaceful" murders.

Old 08-22-2023, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRogers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats 1,100,000 people. What about the other 349 million? Where does the majority of crime happen to the overall number of people? You left out over 99.5% of the country.
Huh? The entire argument is over whether areas governed by democrats or republicans have more crime.

99% of cities with both the highest murder *rates* and also the highest total number of murders are governed by democrats, and have been for decades.

Here's something interesting though: NYC is the largest city by population in the country. It also has lots of murders, but that is to be expected given it's large population. Guess when it didn't though? When it was governed by Giuliani, who is a republican and was lauded even by the majority lib population for his tough on crime policies.

Can you detect a pattern here?
Closed Thread